Some players are hard to release

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

Splinter

Some players are hard to release

Post by Splinter »

Ya, I'm a chaperone. But some guys are just hard to release.

All time hits leader board, still winning gold gloves, holding his own...even adding a contact improve at OS39.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12703692
mhollidaze

Re: Some players are hard to release

Post by mhollidaze »

Glad to see you were able to work a deal with NYA.

I looked in the game guide and couldn’t find anything about releasing players. I know in Dynasty Leagues players of a total of A- and above are not allowed to be released. This is designated on the Depth Chart with a circle with a slash through it instead of a check box. This doesn’t appear in our League. Not sure if this is typical with all Subscription Leagues.

Maybe some of our other owners might be able to enlighten us further!
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Yeah, in private and subscription leagues you can release red-letter players, usually, the talent level is much higher in those leagues than dynasty leagues. That was especially true when dynasty used to have the 5-5-5-3-2 minors as opposed to the 15-1 minors,

I think the thought was there are more experienced owners in private/subscription leagues that will not accidentally release a quality player, and with a commish it is easier to "fix" for a rage cutting of players (I have seen that).

In the max development leagues A- pitchers that are A+/B- are all over the place, and they mostly stink!
The Land of Pleasant Living
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

But looking at Klink it looked to be a sentiment choice, although he found a good home in NY. I like this retirement system better than the others, but sometimes you get guys that get playing time and hang on well past their prime, too far past it....
The Land of Pleasant Living
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

I always wanted Klink, but could never work out a deal. I was happy to be able to get him now, even though he's near the end of the line. I am very sentimental. I've always had difficulty releasing my aging stars. I'm not looking forward to having to make a decision on my future HoFer, Joe Brown.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

In real life comparison, the Angels release future HOF Albert Pujols who’s at the end of his career. He gets picked up by a contender the Dodgers. We’ll see he he makes it thru the season when BelingerP and Seaver come off the IL. I hope he gets a chance to make it to the playoffs.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

Seager not Seaver.....damn spell check

Return to “Billy Williams League”