Going Down to the last series in the AL

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

BigRich

Going Down to the last series in the AL

Post by BigRich »

After KC swept us today the 2nd place playoff spot is a horse race. KC and I are tied with MIN only 1 game back of both of us. KC plays Boston tomorrow (Go Boston) and is 11-10 so far against them this year. MIN plays CLE (Go Cleveland) and is 12-9 against them this year, and I am matched up vs Texas who I have beaten 14-7 so far this year. Hopefully it will not come down to a head to head playoff game for 2nd. Why? Because I am 6-18 vs KC this year and 12-12 vs Min. Sad to say I am only 5-19 vs Oakland during the season, so even if I make the playoffs success for certain is not a done deal. But anything can happen in the playoffs. First you have to get there though. Just saw KC is 3-18 vs Oakland so I do not feel as bad. MIN is actually 11-13 vs OAK so if we wanted to root for the team that has the best chance to give Oakland a run for it, I guess we would have to root for MIN. (They were the best team vs. Oakland this year.) But, neither KC not myself will just roll over for them. They will have to earn it. Good luck KC and MIN tomorrow.
FrosteeTBear

Re: Going Down to the last series in the AL

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Good Luck Detroit and Minnesota...……... :D
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

How many times during my years on this site have I seen the team entering the playoffs with the 4th best record win it all... Whomever comes out of this KC-MIN-DET situation will be a serious threat for the title
Jhovi

Post by Jhovi »

Close pennant races are great and I think this is a product of the wheel and going forward you will see more of them

Good luck to all

Jack
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Congrats to KC on sweeping the last 6 games of the Season and beating out MIN and DET by one game to face OAK in the playoffs.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Thanks Big Rich--it was a great race but Oakland is a great team
that I have only beaten 3 out of 21 times, so it will take a big effort
to make it to WS...………. :D

Return to “Billy Williams League”