Well that was a dumb draft

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

alanneff317

Well that was a dumb draft

Post by alanneff317 »

I HATE this off season. I'm a teacher and this is the end of my year... I do not have the mental bandwidth to process the end of my year and conduct a decent researched, checked draft. So therefore I draft a bunch of old guys... Whoopdedoop.
alanneff317

Re: Well that was a dumb draft

Post by alanneff317 »

Every March to May League year is ridiculous for me... Might as well skip ahead to June...
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

That stinks, but there are a few things you can do to help that (thank you for educating our kids too).

First we have a reveal date of 8/1 (about a month earlier than most leagues and a little more than 20 days real time before the offseason runs), so set your preferences as early as you can, and if that is not not possible go to Owner--Team Profile--Default Amateur Draft Rankings and select "Use My Attribute Settings".

That will at least rank them according to your preferences and not by ABE's default, and if you can't do either of those then just send your picks my way hehehe
The Land of Pleasant Living
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

Alleneff317, what are you teaching? I teach High School woodworking. Finishing up this week also. Good luck, Kevin
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Sorry for your bad draft and thanks to everyone that suggested tips for the future. I had to do a draft list for myself, and two of our abandoned teams too, COL and TEX. That felt like work. If you need help in the future feel free to ask any of the veterans for help.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

BigRich wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 am Sorry for your bad draft and thanks to everyone that suggested tips for the future. I had to do a draft list for myself, and two of our abandoned teams too, COL and TEX. That felt like work. If you need help in the future feel free to ask any of the veterans for help.
I know all about that BigRich--in MSL I have 5 teams to adjust............. :roll:
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Ouch! That would burn out a Commissioner real quick.
kswetnam

Post by kswetnam »

I'm a teacher as well. Worked graduation today.

Teach on-level/low-level Algebra 1.
alanneff317

Post by alanneff317 »

Middle School Social Studies 6/7th grade at an IB Charter School. It's my first year here, I used to teach in Baltimore. Oh well.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Hey, I am minutes from Baltimore (between there and Annapolis), lived here almost all my life, a small (sim) world
The Land of Pleasant Living

Return to “Billy Williams League”