Playoffs 2029

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

Beanballs

Playoffs 2029

Post by Beanballs »

Congrats to Detroit and Montreal for advancing through the LCS's comfortably, it should be a good World Series, good luck to both squads. Congrats as well to Oakland and San Diego for great seasons...
The Land of Pleasant Living
kswetnam

Re: Playoffs 2029

Post by kswetnam »

Congrats to Montreal. Very competitive for a 4-1 series.

Go ahead and narrow that gap for the NL.
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

This post was erroneous. Let's pretend it never happened
Last edited by NoelDenuyst on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

2 games played in the WS and it's been real close so far with a split at least in Montreal. Hopefully we can win in Detroit and never have to go back there. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and good luck to Montreal. History makes me worry though. I took Detroit to the WS in 2002, 2005, & 2007 and never won. Since then 21 long seasons of rebuilding most under the wheel to get back here. Hopefully to get the franchise its first WS title, but only time will tell.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Going back to Montreal with Detroit up 3-2, it should be a fun finish.

Will Montreal get the home cookin' (with a side dish of poutine washed down with a Molson?) and back to back titles, or will Detroit break through and bring their first BWL title back to Motown?

All hands on deck time, good luck to both teams!!!
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

Thew Woverines knocked Harry Mize around again in game 5. Fortunately for Harry, the offense had his back and we're going back to Montreal (indeed, for beer and poutine). Let's hope Charlie Cheney can pitch like a Cy Young award winner in Game 6 and then, everything is possible.
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

It could hardly have been closer but in the end, the Wolverines were more opportunistic than we were. Congrats to Rich on winning the big prize at last. Hats off to you my friend. And congrats to kswetnam on another hard fought season and LCS.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Congrats Rich!!! Great show guys
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Thanks for the congratulations! The Franchise is organizing a parade in Detroit as we speak. Montreal deserved the title and gave us a battle by really shutting down our bats. Our team batted .196 in the WS, 50 points less than Montreal and we got outscored in the series too. We just got lucky to win 4 games and a WS finally. This was the only league I was an owner in that I had yet to win one. Time to down a cold one or two and get hosed down by a few too! Congrats to all the playoff teams and lets see what the offseason brings and who will battle it out next year.
vinnydvinny

Post by vinnydvinny »

Congrats to Detroit on the Series win.

Return to “Billy Williams League”