Trade Between KC and Washington

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

mhollidaze

Re: Trade Between KC and Washington

Post by mhollidaze »

mhollidaze wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 pm I disagree that a rule change should be made during the middle of the season as other owners would be at a disadvantage. This should be voted on and implemented during the off season.
I should add to this, if the league owners vote to implement a rule change right away then that is what should happen. My comment would be under most normal conditions where a rule change would be implanted during the offseason!
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

You had no way to know what we think had been done in the past and it's not your fault. If we do vote to prohibit such trades your already done trade will not be affected. That would not be fair to either of the 2 owners who traded in good faith not knowing that we think we remember there having been a prohibition against such trades in the past. I agree that if it is adopted I should; note it in the league rules. and I agree that rule changes should normally be enacted in the off season. In this case though I do not see this as a rule change but a reiteration of a previous rule that had been in effect but had been not properly documented so all the owners would be aware of it. Thusly I see it more as a clarification of an existing rule and not a rule change, which I think would not have to wait till the off season.

I put it to a vote to make sure the owners of today agree with what the owners of the past wanted and to see if they still wanted to keep the rule.
Properly documented this time of course. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.
kswetnam

Post by kswetnam »

San Diego--Yes
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

I have no strong feelings either way an will rally with the majority

NoelDenuyst Montreal
Minions

Post by Minions »

I vote yes just because this format is to eliminate the need for CPs. I'm rebuilding in a different league, and I have struggled with balancing cps on all the prospects I accumulated, but since this rule has been ruined by the few who have abused the privilege of trading cps, we need to prevent that from happening.

Now, I see the player for cps has been traded back, the value of the trade is not a fair one. This may be something we need to reevaluate.
mrtwolff

Post by mrtwolff »

yes
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

Just an update to this Post. Admin has now given us a Link to access Old Forums. Go to the Home Page and it's there. I went to our League Message Board at the beginning and found old posts. One at the very beginning of the league and the 2nd a little later. It appears there was some concern but no change was made. I didn't go through all the posts but if this is what was done then CP Trades would have been legal at the time we made the trade. I have posted early in the tread that Sim Dynasty Speed League Rules state CP Trades are legal in Speed Leagues unless the league makes a change. I know we have now made that change but just wanted to note it could be confusing what the rules where.

http://www.simdynasty.com/oldforum-view ... ?tid=76428
http://www.simdynasty.com/oldforum-view ... tid=102110
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Thanks for doing that and looking it up for us. The majority of the owners now have voted against them for the future so I will post the change in our rules.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

BigRich wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 am Thanks for doing that and looking it up for us. The majority of the owners now have voted against them for the future so I will post the change in our rules.
Sounds good Rich.

Just to be clear I didn't have time to go through all the old posts so it may have been brought up and even voted on it at some time like you thought may have happened. Not worth looking for now.
Good job for getting this done.

Mike
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

To complete this CP Trade George Lowdermilk has been sent back to Kansas City. By vote of the owners this will be the last CP/Player To Be Named Later Trade allowed in the BWL. Thanks for your understanding.
Mike

10/13/2030

Trade #1575600 has been completed between the Washington Senators and the Kansas City Cowboys. The Kansas City Cowboys receive George Lowdermilk (KC) from the Washington Senators in exchange for .

Return to “Billy Williams League”