Commisoner

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: mhollidaze, BigRich

mhollidaze

Re: Commisoner

Post by mhollidaze » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Beanballs wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm
Co-commish is provided by Admin Chris not by the owners in this league, and it is a fairly routine setup here in the sim, I have at least one league I am in that has co-commishes.

I have no problem with that setup, especially here with the need to rank the draft within a very finite time period, heck when I became commish I had to reach out to a handful of commishes in other leagues to figure out how to do a few things.

I know there are several current or former commishes here (myself, fredbirds, bigrich, kswetnam, 2ndCos, sorry if I missed any), and we have some teams for sale, so I would not worry about the number of voters, clearly no one was against it...
Thanks Beanballs. From the way Rich put it it came from the GM’s. I took that to mean the owners of our league. Still not following the Draft Order comment. With the draft order set seasons in advance with the Wheel Draft I can go into the Commish in my drop down box and set Draft Line Up any time before the end of season. No need to wait for completion of World Series to set draft order as in Regular Drafts. Am I not reading this right?

Beanballs

Post by Beanballs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:52 pm

The draft order must be set after the offseason runs, if you set it before the offseason runs ABE reverts it back to the regular order of finish. For this reason it is good to have two commishes, there is only less than a 24 hour window to set it...

mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Beanballs wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:52 pm
The draft order must be set after the offseason runs, if you set it before the offseason runs ABE reverts it back to the regular order of finish. For this reason it is good to have two commishes, there is only less than a 24 hour window to set it...
Ok, I get it. I PMd Rich as I thought he already set the draft. I will do this after off season runs, which is run tonight at 10:08pm eastern time. I’m Pacific Time so at 7:08 pm my time. I don’t believe I have access to set preferences for unowned teams drafts. I also asked Rich about this. He may have done it already, I think he did mention it when he said it caused him to do his own.

Beanballs

Post by Beanballs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Once the teams are for sale you have full access, go to Owner---League Info, then look for the blue "login" column next to those teams, that will allow you to rank their draft, update lineups/rotation/minors, etc...

Return to “Billy Williams League”