AL Prediction

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

fredbirds

AL Prediction

Post by fredbirds »

Man I think it could be a worst to first this year, Boston looks really good to me this season
jmckeean

Re: AL Prediction

Post by jmckeean »

HOW could that team have been SO bad last year?! They are stacked!
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

We were bad last year (played a bunch of youngster getting ICs), but we hope the trades at the end of the year and the import will help. I hope this is not an ABE jinx hehehe.

We are still buying though, especially a veteran pitcher and a bat, so hit us up by u2u or trade offer, we have some nice pieces to offer...
The Land of Pleasant Living
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Hard to recall that Boston was being picked to place 1st atm with Cleveland going 10-0 lately and Boston playing not much more than .500 ball. It's a long season though, with plenty of time for Boston to turn it around.

(Then after I posted this Cleveland goes out and loses 4 in a row and Boston starts winning. Sorry about the Jinx Cleveland. Speaking of Jinxes, a quick note to the NY Flying Squirrels. After winning the World Series in 2029 I finished 3rd the next season and did not even make the playoffs. Perhaps too much partying, or perhaps the team thinking they only needed to show up to win. Who knows? Feel free to duplicate my after the World Series year if you want to NY. Meanwhile Minnesota appears to be the team to catch atm for all of us. Should be fun!)
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

The way my Squirrels are playing right now, I'd be thrilled with a 3rd place finish. Too much partying or not enough Geritol. My hitters are still hitting (if anyone's interested in that final piece of your puzzle), but my pitching (with a couple of exceptions) has been rather :( .

Return to “Billy Williams League”