Congrats to Boston and all the Playoff Teams

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

BigRich

Congrats to Boston and all the Playoff Teams

Post by BigRich »

Congrats to Boston as the 2031 WS Title is well deserved. A little history lesson for all us now and a little advice for all of us too. Beanballs took over the Boston team in the 1996 season. He won the WS in 2000, Lost it in 2011, Won in 2012, Lost in 2015, Won in 2018, Won in 2021, Won in 2025, and now Won it again in 2031. So he has now won the last 4 World Series he has been in and seems to have figured out how to win the biggest contest. My advice is to knock his team off in the regular season or the AL playoffs because if he gets into the WS itself he is going to be tough to beat. (I myself plan to send several of his key players very rich food and drink in congratulations for winning the WS, during their spring training for next year and hope they are not in game shape by the time the season starts.)

Congrats also to all the playoff teams, especially to Brooklyn for the big upset of taking down a tough Montreal team that had the best record of all us in the regular season. You faced 2 very good teams in Boston and Montreal and won one series at least! And to Congrats to Washington for winning the race in the AL between MIN and the fading DET team to face Boston in the AL playoffs.

Reminding everyone of the schedule for tonight and tomorrow. The offseason will run tonight at 10:08 p.m. EST.
The draft order will be reset by either Mike or myself after the offseason runs. (It can't be done earlier as when the offseason runs it resets the order based on the order of finishing, and not the wheel order. I will be tied up till 11:30 or midnight but I will check it before going to bed and make sure it's done.)
The draft itself is tomorrow at 2:08 PM EST or 14:08 if you prefer military time. That's 11:08 PST if anyone is on the west coast. The new season starts the day after the draft.
FrosteeTBear

Re: Congrats to Boston and all the Playoff Teams

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Thanks Rich...…..and congrats to Boston...………. :D
fredbirds

Post by fredbirds »

I called it before the season started.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

BigRich wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:52 pmReminding everyone of the schedule for tonight and tomorrow. The offseason will run tonight at 10:08 p.m. EST.
The draft order will be reset by either Mike or myself after the offseason runs. (It can't be done earlier as when the offseason runs it resets the order based on the order of finishing, and not the wheel order. I will be tied up till 11:30 or midnight but I will check it before going to bed and make sure it's done.)
The draft itself is tomorrow at 2:08 PM EST or 14:08 if you prefer military time. That's 11:08 PST if anyone is on the west coast. The new season starts the day after the draft.
The Draft Order has been Updated. Thanks Rich!

PS the Draft time PST is 11:08 AM. Don't want anyone confused and thinking they have more time.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

As for the Playoffs and WS Boston was the Dominator this season. As fredbirds did point out Worst to First in the AL. Good call. Should go to Vegas!
Congrats Beanballs!!
vinnydvinny

Post by vinnydvinny »

Congrats to Boston.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Thanks guys! This format allows for anyone to go from the bottom to the top, and I am sure this years races will be just as competitive. Congrats to Brooklyn, Montreal, Washington, and Minnesota for great seasons, good luck to all...
The Land of Pleasant Living

Return to “Billy Williams League”