Merger News

Discussions for the Reggie Smith League.

Moderator: mrile0

historymann49

Merger News

Post by historymann49 »

I saw a post on the VBL forum a few days ago, from Admin, indicating that the merger may involve the Dale Murphy League as well, with the three leagues merging into a 24-team league. I sent a message to Admin asking for clarification, but have received no reply. Given that we are due to begin our new season tomorrow, I have no idea what, if anything, is going to happen.
Roaddog

Re: Merger News

Post by Roaddog »

Looks like the Murphy League finished their regular season today, so maybe we won't have long to wait for a little more clarity.

Dave (Roaddog from the VBL)
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Roaddog wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 pm Looks like the Murphy League finished their regular season today, so maybe we won't have long to wait for a little more clarity.

I hope so.
kaliayev

Post by kaliayev »

I'd like more clarity on 24 team leagues as well as what rules will now be involved. Seems kinds haphazard to me.
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

historymann49 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:21 pm
Roaddog wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 pm Looks like the Murphy League finished their regular season today, so maybe we won't have long to wait for a little more clarity.

I hope so.
Alas, with your new season starting, the clarity may have to wait a few more months. :(
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can discard the few games that have run in a merge.

The VBL only had one team; it moved to the DML. But the DML itself is in need of a merge. There are several inactive owners here, so there should be enough space to migrate their teams here.

Migration is a new process. The host league (this one) doesn't change, the new teams just replace existing teams. So a new league isn't created from scratch.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Reggie Smith League”