Jon Oliva Is The MDL All Time SB Leader

Discussions for the Molitor Delahanty League.

Moderator: 262run

twinsrock1

Jon Oliva Is The MDL All Time SB Leader

Post by twinsrock1 »

Still going strong at 37 Jon Oliva enters this season as the Leagues All Time SB Leader with 644
wolfwood83

Re: Jon Oliva Is The MDL All Time SB Leader

Post by wolfwood83 »

Don't want to rain on your parade, but he is also first in being caught stealing bases by almost 100. Mass number in steals is good, but a good ratio between SB and CS is crucial.

I love me a 2-1 ratio personally. It shows that you give your horses a chance to run in appropriate situations, and that the mass number of steals isn't artificially driven up by running all willy nilly like.
twinsrock1

Post by twinsrock1 »

Every style of offense is different and presents the players with opportunities to succeed in it So no rain on my parade He broke the record What you may like and seek may be different from others and mine but as your players might break records thru the offense you like doesn't mean the offense that I may do for mine makes any record my players may break any less important.
wolfwood83

Post by wolfwood83 »

:cry: you missed my intent

Yes it is a great achievement. It is a testament to his tenure and speed.

It is also a stat that can be force fed due to butchering settings and forcing attempts in unrealistic conditions, that may not be a benefit to winning a game. Both the amount of stolen bases and percent of successful attempts is the indicator of all things firing optimally.

Olivia is a fantastic player, and a HoFer in my book because of the body of his work. He has accomplished a great many things.
Bluejays18

Post by Bluejays18 »

I think this is where the Home Park choices we have options come into play How we decide to set up our parks since we play 81 games there is as we may see now very important and very viable in our concepts of team offense and P we choose which enables players to thrive. Both of you all have some terrific opinions and our league affords us this awesome opportunity for expression which makes it the best league to be in with a great ownership group and the different things we have going on
twinsrock1

Post by twinsrock1 »

Thank You for your feedback he has been a wonderful player and you are spot on he is a HOF candidate for sure But In my opinion butchering and unrealilisitc are not proper . For example the STL teams of the 1980ees were not butchering there system of being aggressive with there team? We all set our programs in guidance with what we have as a team? if a team is built for speed they will be aggressive or higher , maybe have a larger park and turf, if team has power maybe they have shorter fences ? its not anything in terms of butchering Unrealistic is in the eyes of each teams manager and there expectations of there teams set up accordingly to there talent base Who are we to say for example that team A is unrealistic in there programming of there team? If a team has power short fences and one of there players hits say 800 career HR is that butchering?? No Like I said before the programs we have to set up our teams success accordingly offer the players we have the opportunities to strive for records and success. We build and set our teams accordingly to our talent base So if a team has say 6 A Plus, A speed deamons youre going to get aggressive, Ultra aggressive settings , tough to play against maybe, always applying pressure to the D. If say a team has A A Plus power hitters top to bottom they will have shorter fences maybe grass maybe smaller foul lines? Tough on P with all that power? So either way is not a forth coming of Butchering. its a format that each one of us is giving setting up our teams. TY for the opportunity to express Our league really promotes thoughts, ideas, back and forths, Great group

Return to “Molitor Delahanty League”