Trades

Discussions for the Molitor Delahanty League.

Moderator: 262run

Royals85

Trades

Post by Royals85 »

Morning As I have stated I been here only a few weeks But I am interested to understand why any of us get involved in others teams trades? Owners are entitled to make trades as they see fit for there team. And those trades are entitled to work its way thru there perspective new squads better or worse If any team decides they want to trade there picks for vets for example or any type of deals whom are we to say that's not the right vision for them? We shouldn't involve our selves in any ones deals as its the responsibility of the owners on how they want to proceed accept decline not how we want to for them It can seem for example if we just don't like what we see lets dispute everything??? Trades are visions of the teams making the deals In theory we should not involve our selves with other teams Ideas thoughts visions wants needs as they see it for there teams We should let the trades progress or as it happens for the teams making them. It would seem we all should care for our teams make deals for our teams that we want to and hope they work out That's Baseball If a team wants to trade all of there picks for vets whom are any of us for example to warrant a Judgement? Are they not entitled to the vision for there teams as they see it or want it ? That's the bottom line we all make trades We live with the Good The bad The Ugly of there results We all should not interfere in the process two teams engage in that they have chosen to do so because they feel it is right for there squads None of us should engage in other teams ideas thoughts in trades as it is there team and they have chosen to accept or decline as it should be and they must accept what the future holds for them after there deals not the rest of us TY Ian
Last edited by Royals85 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolfwood83

Re: Trades

Post by wolfwood83 »

Trades can and should be questioned when things don't look appropriate. That is what the button is there for.

I have been in this particular league since its merger, and was a part of it's previous conception for 50 seasons. At about a month per season, this gets around 7 years of time spent on this one team. I share this only because I have witnessed the trade block used MAYBE a total of 5 or 6 times. I can truly say that it only ever got brought up when people thought there was a legitimate problem on the trade.

Unfortunately, 3 of these incidents have involved your group. (The one that got you banned from trading with each other here, and now the two this year). Now your (group) response is to use the trade abuse button as retaliation against another team, on a trade that has been done time and time again (in my 7 years here)... a late 2 for an old quality guy for the next year or two (3 if really lucky).

You say that you enjoy this league, then why do you do this? Why, for two years running, have you tried to get a guy well outside the top 20 of every major pitching category, who is simply a JAG (just another guy), inducted into the HoF because he was one if yours? In 2 of the 3 trades (last one still pending) questioned, your votes were unanimous in allowing the offer, yet the rest of the league voted that there was a problem with them.

I have a problem that your 8 votes were all in line and that your group didn't see the issue with the trades that got rescinded. Now I have an issue that you want to retaliate on trades and try to call in question the Oakland deal. More than 3 of you have voted against this, which only confirms that this league needs to be split. Your trades were called into question, your response was this.

Your actions pushed two new to this league owners out of this league while I was commissioner. A new body finally gets in, and the first thing you do is take all his depth and a 2 time Cy Young winner (with atleast 6 years left) and you give him a 1 for his troubles. But this is ok and you wish for the rest of us to be ok with it as well? You think that I should be ok with your group trading 3 waiver wire level players for the first and second round pick of a team that hasn't seen .500 in a long time?

You want me to mind my own business, and ignore the problems of this league, that has generated from your IP. I cannot abide. I cannot sit and watch fantastic owners leave this league (or want to leave this league), or choose not to vote on things like the HoF because of the shenanigans from your IP.
Royals85

Post by Royals85 »

You’re entitled to your opinion . Always good to see what people think and how and and why views are presented and formed and the base of where there formed and come from. . All valuable thoughts and opinions. Good to see opportunities to express ones thoughts. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and you have yours I have mine and so on. I respect your thoughts. They are greatly appreciated.
goodtymes00

Post by goodtymes00 »

wolfwood83 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:32 pm Trades can and should be questioned when things don't look appropriate. That is what the button is there for.

I have been in this particular league since its merger, and was a part of it's previous conception for 50 seasons. At about a month per season, this gets around 7 years of time spent on this one team. I share this only because I have witnessed the trade block used MAYBE a total of 5 or 6 times. I can truly say that it only ever got brought up when people thought there was a legitimate problem on the trade.

Unfortunately, 3 of these incidents have involved your group. (The one that got you banned from trading with each other here, and now the two this year). Now your (group) response is to use the trade abuse button as retaliation against another team, on a trade that has been done time and time again (in my 7 years here)... a late 2 for an old quality guy for the next year or two (3 if really lucky).

You say that you enjoy this league, then why do you do this? Why, for two years running, have you tried to get a guy well outside the top 20 of every major pitching category, who is simply a JAG (just another guy), inducted into the HoF because he was one if yours? In 2 of the 3 trades (last one still pending) questioned, your votes were unanimous in allowing the offer, yet the rest of the league voted that there was a problem with them.

I have a problem that your 8 votes were all in line and that your group didn't see the issue with the trades that got rescinded. Now I have an issue that you want to retaliate on trades and try to call in question the Oakland deal. More than 3 of you have voted against this, which only confirms that this league needs to be split. Your trades were called into question, your response was this.

Your actions pushed two new to this league owners out of this league while I was commissioner. A new body finally gets in, and the first thing you do is take all his depth and a 2 time Cy Young winner (with atleast 6 years left) and you give him a 1 for his troubles. But this is ok and you wish for the rest of us to be ok with it as well? You think that I should be ok with your group trading 3 waiver wire level players for the first and second round pick of a team that hasn't seen .500 in a long time?

You want me to mind my own business, and ignore the problems of this league, that has generated from your IP. I cannot abide. I cannot sit and watch fantastic owners leave this league (or want to leave this league), or choose not to vote on things like the HoF because of the shenanigans from your IP.
I couldn't agree more and don't have much to add. We have all been asked to play along and assume that all of these teams are different people that are coworkers, but who all somehow access the game from the same computer, and that it is not just 1 or 2 people controlling a bunch of teams in the same league. We also watched as a ton of young talent and picks were funneled to the Tampa Bay team, and didnt say much about it. It all came to a head when this group took advantage of a new owner, when we have been having trouble keeping owners, and I think it is safe to say that there is far more scrutiny from the rest of the league than there was before.

We played along, and trusted that there was fair play, but now that we are pretty sure there isn't, and also that you will use the power of your group to try to manipulate the trade market and the HoF, you have brought this on yourselves. And the kicker is Admin totally gets it as well, and while I hate to overuse the ticket system, he has been extremely quick to respond on these situations, and I will continue to do so when I feel it necessary.
expozfan

Post by expozfan »

I'm not really sure how long I will stay in this league,possibly not much longer.I didn't know when I joined this league there was a "group".I thought this wasn't allowed in this game.
Earlier today I made a trade offer to one member of this group for my ace pitcher.I later changed my mind and cancelled the offer.A short while later an owner from a different team but a member of this group made some negative comments about my trade offer asking why I asked for so much for my pitcher,he then sent me an offer of a 5th round pick to insult me I guess.Why the hell is an owner from a completely different team commenting on a trade offer I make ?????Seriously this is complete BS!!
I don't know who this "group" is or person is but going by their recent actions they act like young immature children.
I'm really sorry folks,I like this game and I'm sure the rest of you owners are great guys but I will probably transfer to another league if I'm allowed to do so.
goodtymes00

Post by goodtymes00 »

I wouldn't blame you if you left, but I'd urge you to stick around. We have reached out to Admin about splitting the league so that the rest of the owners can stick together with our teams, and he is looking into the feasibility of it. Again, I totally wouldn't blame you if you left, but I hope to convince you to stick around.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

expozfan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:38 pm Earlier today I made a trade offer to one member of this group for my ace pitcher.I later changed my mind and cancelled the offer.A short while later an owner from a different team but a member of this group made some negative comments about my trade offer asking why I asked for so much for my pitcher,he then sent me an offer of a 5th round pick to insult me I guess.Why the hell is an owner from a completely different team commenting on a trade offer I make ?????Seriously this is complete BS!!
This is very interesting, as trade proposals aren't public information. If they are looking at each other's private trade desks, that is collusion and grounds for removal from the league.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Molitor Delahanty League”