Next season start paused/Contraction info

Discussions for the Molitor Delahanty League.

Moderator: 262run

Admin
Site Admin

Next season start paused/Contraction info

Post by Admin »

Unless we have sudden major objections, it is likely that this league will contract to 16 teams.

Here is how this would play out:

- The offseason and draft need to run first. After the draft, the league will pause.
- A new empty shell league will be created. Since we are contracting rather than merging, I'd prefer to set the date to next season as opposed to the traditional reset to 1970.
- Copies of all remaining teams will be made in the new league.

Here's where I would ordinarily tell you that all history would be lost. However, in this case the loss will be less harsh. The process now stores the original player ID with the new one. In the short term, this will add a link to the player card allowing you to quickly view the original player; this will (hopefully) grow into showing data merged from both the old player and new player on one card. This is all going to be new code so it won't all be there right away, but the internal link is the important part and that is now in place.

Technically, I'll be migrating your subscriptions but since that almost always causes issues with PayPal I'd recommend cancelling and recreating your subscriptions after the contraction.

The actual contraction should be able to be completed draft day if nothing goes wrong, so I don't expect the league to lose any time.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
wolfwood83

Re: Next season start paused/Contraction info

Post by wolfwood83 »

Awesome sauce, thank you Chris
rer1972

Post by rer1972 »

Sounds good to me.
goodtymes00

Post by goodtymes00 »

Any update on the timing?
wolfwood83

Post by wolfwood83 »

Just sent a msg
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I got my schedule completely screwed up. I had it on my schedule for today which is a couple of days late.

Unfortunately I've had some unexpected things come up today. My goal is to get this completed tonight so games run tomorrow.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
expozfan

Post by expozfan »

Was just wondering if id be able to move my team from detroit to montreal and move to the national league as it appears there is a shortage of NL teams.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you, I'll take that into account!

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like we need one other to move to the NL. Toronto is the newest AL owner, I will move him to CHN.

Chris
expozfan

Post by expozfan »

I tried to move my team from detroit to montreal,but montreal didnt come up as one of the 4 choices that i had.Is montreal no longer an option in this game,i know it was in the past?

Return to “Molitor Delahanty League”