Commissioner assigned by admin.

Discussions for the Molitor Delahanty League.

Moderator: 262run

262run

Commissioner assigned by admin.

Post by 262run »

Guys,
I just noticed I have been assigned as Commissioner by admin., subsequent to my notification and the posting from hclobo. As previously mentioned, I would be happy to take on this duty, sans the HOF responsibility. If anyone wants to take on BOTH duties, or just the HOF, I will relinquish the position. If everyone would prefer a vote for Commish., I will continue to perform the duties until a vote is finalized.
Thanks for being part of what I consider a fine group of owners!
Jim~

P.S. I will be doing some basic maintenance for our two franchises that are now posted as available.
wolfwood83

Re: Commissioner assigned by admin.

Post by wolfwood83 »

HoF thought -

For the short term, we need to determine how we want to handle the league adjustment and loss of stats (at least on one page). There is still a link to the old league on the player card, so I think we can still vote in those guys that were on split careers. Tracking this type of thing from a HoF coordinator aspect is going to be time consuming. I would suggest that each owner submits a nominee thread on their specific player so that the commissioner(s) can pull both sets of stats and present them to the league for vote.

One of my SPs is closing on retirement (Padraig) so I would toss his name out for nominee review, HoF would pull both cards, present stats, etc. Otherwise, the HoF is going through stats in our league, and then having to double up on looking at the previous player card, and then present the player as a whole. Having the HoF commish dig through both sets of stats to determine anything resembling a base line is a bit much to ask. Having owners who know their player make recommendations until we get a full generation completed would help a bunch.

On a personal note, I'm kinda sad we never got to vote on this guy . He finished 2nd all time in HR's and RBI, and 1st all time in hits and runs.

Return to “Molitor Delahanty League”