Needs to be addressed

Discussions for the Carlton Fisk League.

Moderator: cwballer25

wearewolf

Needs to be addressed

Post by wearewolf »

This draft has not a single player who could be seen as a difference maker. Our talent pool has been drained significantly over the past decade or so. ABE has to put out more talent in the CFL drafts.
This message was sent by order of the Peaky Blinders!
wearewolf

Re: Needs to be addressed

Post by wearewolf »

This draft is worthless. Not sure a single player will be an all-star.
This message was sent by order of the Peaky Blinders!
kjuncowboy

Post by kjuncowboy »

I disagree that theres no talent in this draft, theres a couple of teenagers that will be pretty good. The point i agree with is the talent pool. Picks outside of the top 5 roughly have been worthless for quite some time. Playoff teams used to be able to get some project talent at the end of the 1st or at least have value in trading the picks for veterans, but rebuilding teams now have a hard time getting foundational pieces higher in the draft. Im not calling for hofers up and down the draft but the talent depth in our league needs to get better.
cwballer25

Post by cwballer25 »

Yeah I guess I don’t really know what can be done about it...did they change something in the code or did ABE decide that there were too many good players so this was the automatic response to bring the talent level down a bit?

Eventually I think we will get to the point where stud players will really be amazing and then B+ will be Allstars
kjuncowboy

Post by kjuncowboy »

I think its accurate that it will cycle back eventually. Its just been really tough lately being in the middle of competing and rebuilding. Nobody values the picks like they used to or should so its difficult to find trades that benefit both parties. Like for example im in need of relief pitching, but look around and whats available that fits where im at?
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

There is no pitching...there has been a pitching drought for forever now.

There isn't much in this draft either.
smann

Post by smann »

I can't remember the last time I ranked a draft past my first round pick. Trading for high second rounders is a joke save for the odd gem, but that gem may produce a couple of good seasons well into their career, so they're not on contenders anyway. So I agree, no difference makers.
mattyb5000

Post by mattyb5000 »

The draft isn't as bad as you think. There are 8-10 future all-stars in there. It's just a matter of having the time and patience to develop the talent. That being said, I completely agree that the drafts in this league (at least since I joined midway through the 2165 season) have been woefully shallow on the talent front and pitching in particular.

But taking an optimistic view of it all would be a good approach - facing challenges like this will make us all better managers in the long run. And it will make it that much sweeter when we start getting drafts that have real, bona fide talent in them! :D

-MattyB

Return to “Carlton Fisk League”