Question about the draft

Discussions for the Carlton Fisk League.

Moderator: cwballer25

Jbrav55

Question about the draft

Post by Jbrav55 »

I was under the impression that taking over the Seattle franchise I would be getting the 3rd or 4th pick overall based off of their previous season record. I based my expansion draft off of that opting to go young.

So when I drafted 7th and there wasnt much young talent left that kind of irks me. Did Seattle trade draft position or was the draft order somehow wrong? These things would be nice to know when you buy a team.
ratman44

Re: Question about the draft

Post by ratman44 »

From the game guide....The Expansion draft is run after the off-season runs but before the Amateur Draft. For the Amateur Draft, Expansion teams will draft in the average spot of the teams leaving the league. For example, let's say there are 5 teams leaving the league and they were set to draft in these slots based on the prior year's standings: 4, 9, 10, 13, 14. The average of those numbers is 10. Therefore, the teams entering the league would draft 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, in the reverse order that they drafted in the Expansion Draft. Renewing teams will be slotted around the 8-12 range and draft 1-7 and 13-16.

So you got slotted in at 7-8 which is the average of 4-10/11.
kjuncowboy

Post by kjuncowboy »

didnt know that.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

I thought you called yourself the creams because you were going to draft that way and get creamed for the first 3-4 years.

Ba-da-ba-bump.
Jbrav55

Post by Jbrav55 »

That's interesting and yes I did call myself the Creams because it's funny and I'm going to get creamed for awhile. It sounded fitting.

Return to “Carlton Fisk League”