Best laid plans!

Discussions for the Carlton Fisk League.

Moderator: cwballer25

262run

Best laid plans!

Post by 262run »

So at the end of last season BAL management decided to go for the re-build, with age setting in and the Yanks so strong. We trade our top two starters for five #1 draft picks and decent young players. So Mike Hutton goes 22-10 with PHIL, leading the team in ERA at 2.80, and is 3rd in the Cy Young vote and an All Star. Jesse Seaman goes 17-10 3.53 with CHN.

BUT, BAL surprisingly keeps winning! And winning! With a bunch of old guys, all in shock. Now for the playoffs, where I am SURE the dreaded Yanks will crush us. But what a fun run just making the playoffs with these guys!!! I'm sure several will retire or be traded, but it's been a blast watching the old farts make it this far.

Jim~
262run

Re: Best laid plans!

Post by 262run »

Told you! It was a slaughter!! Good luck in the WS to the Yanks. You have a fabulous team!

Jim~
Destruction

Re: Best laid plans!

Post by Destruction »

Thanks so much! I was so shocked by your team and we were trading lead changes so late in the year, it was a crazy run! I enjoyed our last 3 seasons of battling it out during the regular season and postseason. Good luck in your rebuilding and the draft!

Return to “Carlton Fisk League”