Ho Hum............

Discussions for the Carlton Fisk League.

Moderator: cwballer25

kjuncowboy

Re: Ho Hum............

Post by kjuncowboy »

i feel like the boy who cried wolf....but justin messaged me late last night saying he was ready to get back on board but would be tied up all the way through this afternoon before he could log in and sign up.
DiamondScrubs

Post by DiamondScrubs »

Dang. I saw Chris' post but not yours! I paid for the team, although I dont have access to it yet. If there is a way to get a refund and let Justin have the team I'm all for it.
smann

Post by smann »

Aside from the fact that the site can definitely use a face lift on graphics, a big disappointment is the lack of commitment by some owners. Maybe it's a sign of the times, where younger people just need instant gratification? I've been an owner for five or so years and for the first time notice, more than ever, owners who quickly abandon a team if things aren't going their way. It takes time to rebuild, (which by the way is a lot of the fun I get from playing) and some people, no names, don't have the patience. Sad. The Admin needs to consider this shift in owner commitment and make some adjustments.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

I am sure if you post a ticket they can transfer the team and give you a refund or credit, whichever you want.

And SMann look at the list of available teams some leagues have half their teams for sale.
262run

Post by 262run »

I still feel the best solution is for our Commiss. to run the team until a new owner arrives. I do this as the Commiss. in two other leagues. When I manage the unsold teams I do NO trades, I only oversee roster administration. This way there is no delay, and there is no possible issues with trades between "related" owners.
How about it CW? Can you do this for us and get Admin to release the draft and next season?

Jim~
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

If Justin wants it let him come back.

Plus I already hate Rich’s choice of team names and the team isn’t even in the league yet.
cwballer25

Post by cwballer25 »

Let's just wait until Justin can take the team.

What is the rush in waiting a few days? It's not even been a week yet.

Plus I don't want to screw Justin over so that I am now drafting for him and he doesnt even get to manage his new team...
DiamondScrubs

Post by DiamondScrubs »

Sounds good. Then I can get my $$$ back; I was only doing it to get the league going again. AND I didn't think about the name, I would have changed it!
262run

Post by 262run »

It is great that Justin is back. I am all for it.

I am still encouraging a rule change so this is not a future problem. I trust CW to care for a team until it is sold if one is abandoned in the future!

Jim~
DiamondScrubs

Post by DiamondScrubs »

If Chris was willing to do so, I would agree to that as well.

Return to “Carlton Fisk League”