Congrats once again Gaints

Discussions for the Carlton Fisk League.

Moderator: cwballer25

Destruction

Congrats once again Gaints

Post by Destruction »

Congrats Gaints once again on another title! Good job Chris on taking down the All-Star team!

With all that being said I'm turly in a lost for words on my team. Now my Yankees are 0-6 in the WS!! Now being 0-4 to the Gaints and 0-2 to the Cubs.

ABE really hates me! I've had two 124 win teams, 120, 119, 118 and a 103 team go. I've had my teams lead in both pitching and batting or have had entire starting All-Star team and a sweep in all the awards (which I've never seen) and nothing! This team scored over 1,000 RBI and Runs!! Had my teams lead in so much categories that's it's insane not to stumble across a title!!

I've done a mixed of every combo of batters to pitchers and nothing!! Sorry for all the complaining but I'm just at a loss of words after this!! I've seen terrible teams win it all the time or take down powerhouses! I know my division isn't as competitive as the NL but come on man!

Well a good thing is my team has about another 4-5 seasons left to TRY to win a ring lol we shall see and ABE I hate your guts so bad!! Sorry again for the rant and congrats to the all the playoff teams and good luck in draft everyone!!
Destruction

Re: Congrats once again Gaints

Post by Destruction »

Then also I traded Boardman because he was 2-4 with over a 6 era during my span. Then he goes to the Gaints goes 2-0 with 2.3 era for this postseason! Had to throw that out, sorry I'm still so mad!! Lol
mattyb5000

Post by mattyb5000 »

Congrats Giants! That was a great season and a thrilling world series. Well deserved!

Destruction: just keep getting your team into the playoffs and the titles will come. You've had some bad luck. Eventually you'll have a streak of invincibility, I assure you it will happen. Just keep doing what you're doing! I've been there, and feel your pain.
wearewolf

Post by wearewolf »

Shoot I have been to 10 of the last 18 playoffs with 2 WS appearances and no wins. Just keep plugging away. Plus the AL is quite a bit easier than the NL over the past decade or so. We had 5 90+ win teams this past season. I went 7-14 versus a team I out scored during the regular season. It is what makes the CFL so awesome, very competitive.
This message was sent by order of the Peaky Blinders!
cwballer25

Post by cwballer25 »

Destruction - I do believe you had the better team, I just got some lucky breaks again and it worked out for me. I think my team is about tapped out at this point, 65 declines just for the pitchers. You have a stacked team and sometimes it’s just about making the WS and getting lucky - you have just been really unlucky lately
cwballer25

Post by cwballer25 »

Boardman had a terrible playoff track record; he was 3-9 with an ERA over 6.00 in 13 previous starts, but then went 2-0 in 3 starts in the playoffs for me last season with only 5 ER and 20 K's in 22 IP.
mattyb5000

Post by mattyb5000 »

cwballer25 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 am sometimes it’s just about making the WS and getting lucky - you have just been really unlucky lately
^^^^^ Exactly. Really, I feel like making it into the WS is a "win". I've had 120+ win teams lose to infinitely lesser teams for seemingly no rhyme or reason. Once you get to the WS it's really a flip of that diabolical coin ABE has in his pocket. Sometimes you go on a cold streak, other times the coin lands in your favor over and over. I think I went like 0-10 in the WS between all my teams combined before I started winning every title in sight for a time, and then the pendulum swung the other way and I went almost an entire real calendar year before another title happened. I find that SimD is a game of extremes, at least for me. And I know many others it's been the same way.
mbaerwal

Post by mbaerwal »

Belated congrats Giants.....I have been on a backpacking trip and had no internet

Return to “Carlton Fisk League”