BRL/GNL Merger

Discussions for the Graig Nettles League.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: BRL/GNL Merger

Post by Admin »

16 teams ends up being ideal.

If we are short of 24, we will still be holding unless we allow the term to start with holes and list those holes as replacement rather than expansion teams, or switch to subscription (and give up the renewal prizes).

I am guessing most people are in these leagues for the renewal prizes, so going to subscription is probably not particularly desireable.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

Hey Chris when you have a chance could you get me my renewal prize for GNL 2nd place please.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

WillyD wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 pm
chance4103 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:29 pm I have a team listed in both leagues.I didn't renew in BRL.
I know, I'm just trying to figure out how many teams are definitely willing to merge into a new league. Looks like you have 4 leaving, and 4 marked as unknown. Are 13 and Tim coming back? DW_Geoff?

We have 6 leaving and 1 unknown (GandG).

So at best we have 22 teams at most, and no fewer than 17 teams. With swope having to get rid of a team, that's really 21 at best, and 16 teams at worst.

I'm pretty positive DWGeoff was leaving after the term.

Tim for sure will be around. 13 will do whatever Tim and I tell him.
tm4559

Post by tm4559 »

here is what i think we should do.

get the count definite, if we cannot muster 24, just let it go at 16. with a regular renewal. the 24 team model with subscription just leads to all this dropping out and chaperoning. the players that don't get a spot (if the number that is definite to play is over but not up to 24) could take the spots open in the jumbo brown league. or not. we don't have to do the renewal prize if that is not wanted by everyone. that is strictly up to whoever wants to play, i can go either way with it. you can put me down as a definite for the merged league. if admin needs me to renew my team to make the merger go i can do that. chris can provide input on that. so just break it down with who is definite and we can get it all going. thanks.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

I can do the same as Tim if needed before merge renew first but would like my 20 dollar credit before so. Not sure how renewing for this league would work for that one though wouldn't the prices possibly be differnt if the settings are? Count me as definet of course me and Tim are the last 2 GFL owners form the 1950's. Can't merge with the GFL without us.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Right now I count 19 teams. GandG has 2 teams, so really it's 18 teams.

Then there's Owen, who renewed and said he would stay on 1 term, but who also posted somewhere that he's leaving SimD, so that could bring us down to 16 if he decides to leave.

AL - we have 10 teams, possibly 9 if GandG keeps his BRL team (duplicate cities in bold)

GNL teams:
CHA - tm4559
CLE - DwightKSchrute
KC - SouthPhlly
LAA - mr1313
OAK - GreenAndGold

BRL teams:
BOS - trudis
MIN - WillyD
CHA - smann
TOR - phishingtrip
KC - LannisG

NL - 9 teams but could be 8 if GandG keeps his GNL team (duplicate cities are in bold)

GNL teams:
ATL - Owenatkinson
BRO - swope81
PHI - BigDaddy68
PIT - thatrougue
STL - chance4103

BRL teams:
CIN - Leonard
MIA - Kevin2105b
SD - GeenAndGold
STL - jchardern1
Last edited by WillyD on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

So we may have to vote one man off the island..........
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

swope81 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:35 pm So we may have to vote one man off the island..........
Have you decided which team you're keeping?
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Yeah, my GNL team.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

swope81 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:33 pm Yeah, my GNL team.
OK, thanks. I updated the outline above to reflect that.

Return to “Graig Nettles League”