Merger/Draft Information

Discussions for the Graig Nettles League.
Admin
Site Admin

Merger/Draft Information

Post by Admin »

I apologize for the delay; we've had a very intent annoyance trying to break through our security in the past few days. He hasn't succeeded but it has kept me tied up making sure things stay secure.

Both leagues must draft with their full compliment of teams before the merge can proceed. This will cause the players drafted by the departing teams to disappear. This is intentional.

The "Unowned" player will be assigned to all departing teams to allow the leagues to start and proceed to the draft. My intention is to allow the draft to run Wednesday, so if you have not already done so, please take a moment to check your draft settings.

Once the draft has run, the actual merge will start. Please do not make any trades until everything is in place. You will see a team appear in your list for the Nettles Ruth League (you can choose a new name if you prefer). that league may appear as a trial league for a period of time; this is normal.

The new league will start in 1970. The players you currently have (including your new draftees) will be copied to the new league. As these are copies, they will not have any history behind them.

Your stadiums and strategies can't automatically be moved to the new league, so please be ready to set these up once you are in place.

One other note: Due to a quirk in the process, all players will be eligible for Rookie of the Year in 1970. This will go back to normal in future seasons.

I'll do my best to make the process as smooth as possible, but as it requires a lot of manual work that is susceptible to typos, there could be a few bumpy moments. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
swope81

Re: Merger/Draft Information

Post by swope81 »

Yessir!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Draft is complete.

Swope and GreenAndGold, you have teams in both leagues, do you know which ones you want to keep?

smann, LannisG, and phishingtrip, you all are going to need to pick new AL cities. chance4103, you will need a new NL city. roguesteve, you will need a new city if Swope keeps his BRL team.

Available AL cities:
BAL
ANA
TEX
TB
SEA
DET
NYA
WAS

Available NL cities:
COL
FLA
HOU
LAN
MON
ARI
MIL
NYN

I have as continuing owners:
trudis - BRL (not paid)
smann - BRL
LannisG - BRL (not paid)
WillyD - BRL (not paid)
phishingtrip - BRL
tm4559 - GNL (not paid)
DwightKSchrute - GNL
SouthPhilly - GNL (not paid)
mr1313 - GNL (not paid)
GreenAndGold - needs to pick league
DW_Geoff - GNL (not paid)

MassCarnage - BRL (not paid)
Leonard - BRL
kevin2105b - BRL
swope81- needs to pick league
jchardern1 - BRL
Owenatkinson - GNL
bigdaddy68 - GNL
thatrogue - GNL
roguesteve - GNL (not paid)
chance4103 - GNL (I have you listed as leaving the BRL, not to late to swap though)

I have as departing owners:

Nightwalker - BRL
forbidden - BRL
Napper - BRL
Hitnrun - BRL
Mitch3 - GNL
Napper - GNL
djdausaster - GNL (Wasn't on expansion list but status shows Leaving)
mbaerwal - GNL

This means we will have a 24 team league with 3 empty slots. If three of the departers want to stay, or if you know anyone that wants one of the empty slots, please let me know.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Chris, here is the thread Willy composed of who's staying and going. It should help a ton.

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=2242&start=20
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

I am good with keeping ST Louis team in GNL.If you need me to switch or what ever is fine with me.
chance
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

Crazy...I had not checked this league board since the weekend, so I didn't know things were moving forward and didn't rank the draft class. :x
swope81

Post by swope81 »

thatrogue wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 am Crazy...I had not checked this league board since the weekend, so I didn't know things were moving forward and didn't rank the draft class. :x
Bro, you had plenty of time. The class came out, what 3-4 weeks ago?
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

swope81 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am
thatrogue wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 am Crazy...I had not checked this league board since the weekend, so I didn't know things were moving forward and didn't rank the draft class. :x
Bro, you had plenty of time. The class came out, what 3-4 weeks ago?
Yeah, but I didn't know what was going to happen to the league. I didn't even think about ranking the draft class before knowing that everything was a go.
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

When is the new league suppose to start?
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

If we have 17 owners, I am open to dropping out so that this could be a regular 16 team league with no openings.

Return to “Graig Nettles League”