League Name

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

Do you have a preference for the name of the new league?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Keep Ruth Nettles League or no preference
38%
Roberto Clemente League
8%
Stan Musial League
15%
Lou Gehrig League
31%
Other, I'll post my suggestion
8%

Total votes: 13

Admin
Site Admin

League Name

Post by Admin »

It is of course not necessary to keep the merged Nettles Ruth League name. More recently, some leagues have chosen to adopt a new league to forge a new identity.

I have attached a poll with three alternatives. They have the benefit of having initials that are unique among paid teams which makes my life easier. :) (You can vote for two options.)

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: League Name

Post by Admin »

History note: The names Roberto Clemente, Lou Gehrig and Stan Musial were reserved early in the history of the game for new leagues that were never set up. Based on their IDs and age, I am guessing they were meant for Dynasty leagues, but then we invented the Private (now Term) leagues and we never finished the original Dynasty League set. (I swear I recall a Lou Gehrig League at some point in the site's history but can't find any evidence there ever was one.)

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

The Mike Greenwell League
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

Moses Fleetwood Walker
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

Barry Bonds League
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

(I'm fine with keeping Ruth Nettles, as it preserves some heritage of two long-standing, popular leagues.)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I don't see any commanding leads here so I am going to leave the league name as it is, but if a groundswell builds for a new name, shoot me a ticket. Thank you!

Chris
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Admin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm I don't see any commanding leads here so I am going to leave the league name as it is, but if a groundswell builds for a new name, shoot me a ticket. Thank you!

Chris
I think it would be cool to have the Lou Gehrig League as our name.

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”