Brooklyn makes the playoffs - finally!

Discussions for the Duke Snider League.
Weaver

Brooklyn makes the playoffs - finally!

Post by Weaver »

Brooklyn has clinched a Playoff spot for the first time since 2021 - 17 seasons! It has been a long, hard road which saw us dwell in the cellar for a few years after finishing third a bunch of times. We hope we can stay in contention for awhile this time.

Now that we are here - we are not just happy to be here....

Be afraid, Philly. Be VERY afraid!

;) ;) ;)

Weaver
jbk

Re: Brooklyn makes the playoffs - finally!

Post by jbk »

Congratulations are certainly in order; and I am afraid. What are you feeding Gunderson? I thought he was ready to retire. It's nice to see several teams in our League in contention this year I suspect we’ve not heard the last from New York. Making the National League playoffs may not mean much, however. Have you looked at Baltimore in the AL? I don't think I've ever seen a team with the top 5 candidates for MVP and the top 5 for the league’s CY Young on one team before. They must be pretty good.
zzinet

Post by zzinet »

Congrats Weaver!

This was a good season in both leagues! New York was right there and in the A.L. Seattle almost got Cleveland. But after tomorrow that seasons ends and the really one begins! Records go out the window and as we all know once you get in anything can happen!
Best of luck to all playoff teams not playing the Browns!!! :)

Gary
LTJaeger

Post by LTJaeger »

Gunderson's hungry for his sixth WS ring, but Baltimore does look like a juggernaut.

Good luck to all the playoff teams.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Yeah - Gunderson came through as though he was in his prime and managed to avoid the DL. I was worried that I overpaid when I traded for him last season, but it seems to have been well worth it.

Return to “Duke Snider League”