Riot Act!

Discussions for the Vance Bostock Jr League.

Moderator: loonatic

Poston192

Riot Act!

Post by Poston192 »

I am really disappointed with the lack of activity in this league. It just keeps getting worse and worse every season. Cannot even get 3/4 or more of the league to respond to trade offers. Do you guys enjoy throwing your $$$$$$$ away? I got word we are losing another quality owner here because of these same issues. We have a top commish here that i hope will look into a merger and bring some people in that actually enjoy playing SIM and are willing to contribute. Shame on all the dead weight here. You know who you are. I don't care who i piss off, as senior member here i believe i have earned that right. Then again, prove to me i am wrong.
kevin2105b

Re: Riot Act!

Post by kevin2105b »

looks like we have 3-4 inactive owners. i don't think 3/4 of the league is close to accurate. i would like to see the inactive owners replaced with guys who want to play, but a merger seems really extreme to me.
Poston192

Post by Poston192 »

I think this problem is much deeper than the 3-4 owners you stated. There are probably only 3-4 owners here that actively participate through communication and trades. If teams think they are active but leave trade offers on table for weeks on end, maybe ultimately another merge may be the only thing that saves this once great league.
ChuckMuncie

Post by ChuckMuncie »

The reason I do not make trades is that I have received ridiculous offers that are an insult to my intelligence. I have blocked some owners because of this behavior. I now find it interesting to simply try to build my own team without trading at all. I also feel that people always have the right to enjoy themselves however they feel comfortable. I have heard the argument in numerous leagues that long-time owners have more rights than those with less time and I can tell you that I completely reject this way of thinking.
Poston192

Post by Poston192 »

I agree you have every right to run your team as you see fit. All i am asking is to please communicate that to other owners. Regardless of how you feel about " any" trade offers , reject and make a small comment as to why. Is that asking too much? Certainly asking you to just be courteous and communicative to your fellow owners is not out of line. Besides, how can every offer really be that bad? Put some effort forward, otherwise you defeat the whole purpose of leagues like this. All you are doing is playing against a computer and taking away all human interaction.
co_daddy

Post by co_daddy »

I don't think the issue is as bad as you state.

I just made deals with 5 owners and was in talks with a 6th. Plus me, that is 7 owners involved in just my deals. That's half he league, and I didn't even reach out to half of the league because they aren't in a buying position.

There isn't a written rule, or unwritten rule, to respond to trash offers. I know some people get their panties in a bunch if you let an offer sit there for a day or two, but whatever.

Return to “Vance Bostock Jr League”