injury and DL...

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
wcl

injury and DL...

Post by wcl »

Quick question: does an injured ballplayer come back sooner if you do not place him on the DL, where games are counted as opposed to days? Just a weird thought. Thanks. Billy
bahstonwedsawks

Re: injury and DL...

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

No. It's irrelevant whether they are placed on the DL or not. A player is injured for a certain number of days, the number of games played during that span is also irrelevant to his recovery.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
ballmark

Re: injury and DL...

Post by ballmark »

As a rule of thumb, if the injury is less than 20 days, I consider the player "day to day" and don't bother to put him on the DL. That's why we use the Back-Up Lists and go three-deep, right?

More than 20 days I do put 'im on the DL and call up someone from the minors, then adjust my back-up lists for the personnel shifts. If I have time and the inclination, I might even pick up somebody off the waiver wire to fill the missing minor league spot and occasionally they turn into someone I want to keep by the time the injured player is ready to return.

ABE and it's mysterious ways....

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”