Cheat and Cheat and Cheat

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

hammy2017

Cheat and Cheat and Cheat

Post by hammy2017 »

Different season same cheating. It's so bad the AI calls plays I don't even have in my strategy to make sure I lose, especially against certain teams. Why am I still paying for this bullsh*t?
Cueball899

Re: Cheat and Cheat and Cheat

Post by Cueball899 »

Then quit. The game is not cheating, it can't. Get over it.

I'm sure the plays are there if you look at all your settings. Advance setting, 3rd down situations, short, medium, long. If your "long" setting is over 10 yards then the sim will use 1st and medium when you think it should use first and long(on 1st and 10)
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

99% of time people complain about wrong plays being called they end up finding something in the settings they overlooked. If you give some examples we might be able to find out what setting to look at.
Last edited by Cueball899 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

Cue - I've been there before where I'll see a play that doesn't look like anything I would have set up, and then after looking at the settings closely, I'll find there was a field (yardage, time, etc.) that was set to something different than I thought it was.

The best way to check is to go to the Strategy Tester tab (http://football.simdynasty.com/strattest.jsp) under Coaching Strategy, input the time, yardage, etc. in the appropriate fields, click Show Strategy, and see what strategy is used.

The time management tab also includes settings where you can select to run or pass more based on time/score, which is another item to consider if a play is (or isn't) being run like you thought it might.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

It's happened to me also. I have forgot about a certain advance setting, I've had to go back and look at last second field goals, 4th down conversions, time management when I was wondering why we weren't running out the clock when we should have been.

There are a lot of area's that we can forget to check when plays aren't called right, but it's rarely the games fault. Occasionally there are glitches, but more then likely it's human error.
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

It's not settings, it's cheating. It goes WAY beyond just the play calls that I DON't have in my strategy. Play in my shoes for a season then you will see.

By the way, another one of TN's patented 14 point 1st quarters today. Funny the way that happens so often. Right, no cheating.
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

Explain to me how it "can't" cheat.
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

hammy2017 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am It's not settings, it's cheating. It goes WAY beyond just the play calls that I DON't have in my strategy. Play in my shoes for a season then you will see.

By the way, another one of TN's patented 14 point 1st quarters today. Funny the way that happens so often. Right, no cheating.
Hammy, are you accusing me of cheating? Are you seriously accusing me of manipulating the game engine to score 14 points in a quarter? I just want to be clear about this, because that is a serious charge. Is that something you are willing to stand behind? Or are you just spouting off when you are emotional?
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

A-/B quarterback and TN doesn't miss a beat. Yeah, why would anyone think they're being cheated just because a crappy waiver wire quality backup QB can throw the ball like Tom Brady in his prime.

Calm down max_fischer, don't get "emotional". I'm not accusing you of cheating, I'm accusing the AI or admin or whatever of cheating for you. Congrats, it must be great to just use crap backups and still be allowed to gain yards and score points at will.
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

hammy2017 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:27 pm A-/B quarterback and TN doesn't miss a beat. Yeah, why would anyone think they're being cheated just because a crappy waiver wire quality backup QB can throw the ball like Tom Brady in his prime.

Calm down max_fischer, don't get "emotional". I'm not accusing you of cheating, I'm accusing the AI or admin or whatever of cheating for you. Congrats, it must be great to just use crap backups and still be allowed to gain yards and score points at will.
But YOUR team scored 14 points in the SECOND quarter! And you don't hear me whining about being cheated.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”