Thailand

Discussions for the Curly Lambeau Football League.

Moderators: cubfan, Youthamizum

HumYai

Thailand

Post by HumYai »

None of my family lives in Chiang Rai province, but join me in praying for those trapped in the cave.

I have never been in any cave there, but many times I have been in a storm where it went from completely dry to water up to mid-thigh in a matter of minutes. It will take a miracle to save them, but miracles do happen.
Youthamizum

Re: Thailand

Post by Youthamizum »

Crazy that they got 47 inches of rain in the first 3 days. That’s insane. Thankfully they are beginning to get rescued.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

Youthamizum wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 am Crazy that they got 47 inches of rain in the first 3 days. That’s insane. Thankfully they are beginning to get rescued.
yes, I do not believe anyone can fully comprehend how fast the rainwater rises unless they have seen it firsthand. Having several children in Thailand, I have traveled the north quite a bit and I am amazed at the power of the rain from June to September, sometimes it rains every day. I also learned to just get wet: a raincoat is useless as the humidity causes you to sweat till your drenched anyway.

April is the absolute hottest month. Most flights from the US land in Bangkok between 1150pm and 1215am, I remember on the final descent on April 1st a few years back, the pilot saying it was 95 degrees F. 95 at midnight

They are taking the healthiest out first, so keep the faith all will still make it.
rich45

Post by rich45 »

Sorry for reading this so late HumYai...
Our family's prayers are continuing on a daily basis for the children, their coach and the courageous (with the tragic loss of one) rescuers.
Rich
rich45

Post by rich45 »

Posted with the other message as well...
Yes HumYai, miracles do happen. (along with incredible talent and coordination of the dive team and courage of all!)
Rich

Return to “Curly Lambeau Football League”