Draft complete- League paused again

Discussions for the Jeter Wood League.

Moderators: dabigtrain, Pierzynski

dabigtrain

Draft complete- League paused again

Post by dabigtrain »

The amateur draft is complete. The next steps are:

- A new league is created with 16 teams.
- Copies of the teams continuing are created in the new league.
- The new league is started in the old league's place.

I wouldn't bother doing anything with these teams (waivers, promotion/demotion, etc); just check back later in the day and see if the new league shows up on your list. If so, assume the season starts the next day; when I get a timing clarification from Admin, I'll post it here.
dabigtrain

Re: Draft complete- League paused again

Post by dabigtrain »

From admin:
"I expect everything to go smooth so games should start tomorrow (Monday). I don't think there will be a big enough disruption to require a hold but I can hold it to Tuesday if you prefer..."

I say, full speed ahead, go Monday. Anyone who disagrees, speak now, or forever hold your peace.
fg

Post by fg »

I still don't see the 16 team league. also a bit annoyed that the contracted teams where not removed before the draft.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

fg wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:05 pm also a bit annoyed that the contracted teams where not removed before the draft.
This is not possible. In addition, those teams need to draft to remove the correct number of draftees from the pool.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Chris, if there is a future opening could I fill it with my team that was contracted?
The Land of Pleasant Living
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No, if I need to return you to the league I have to do it now.

I believe one of the not-contracted teams is owned by an owner that may be departing, so there may be a slot to put you in.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

I would be ready to bring the Bohs back, either league or city is fine...
The Land of Pleasant Living
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hmm. Montreal looked to me like a possible departure but I see he was happy about the contraction not long ago. So all of the current teams are active.

Return to “Jeter Wood League”