How would you use an A+ pitcher on this team

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
VladimirTrump

How would you use an A+ pitcher on this team

Post by VladimirTrump »

Here is my team http://simbaseball.com/depth.jsp?teamid=90323
Here is the player http://simbaseball.com/player.jsp?playe ... d=12952072

Obviously, super lucky to get him, but my team is still many years away from competing. My team still sucks immensely, but I am sure if I put players in a better position to succeed that I can improve a little.

Now he has C+ endurance now, up from c- when I drafted him. I am trying to give him as many innings as possible to get him to B-.

Do you think it's best to have him as a starter, first guy out of the pen, or at closer?
Hamilton2

Re: How would you use an A+ pitcher on this team

Post by Hamilton2 »

There is no point in using a closer per se in the sim. Maximize his innings. I would start him and make sure he was getting the most innings possible. This will earn the most improvement chances and minimize the risk of a health penalty. I don't think he will hit 200 innings as a starter but he will absolutely top 100 out of the pen
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I'd definitely use him as a starter, and he should easily get 200 innings with that C+ endurance. With F health already, the health issue doesn't matter any more. The F health would factor in much more as a reliever, as relievers who pitch too many days in a row have an increased chance at getting injured.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Willy is correct. I didn't look at his health. My bad.
TheurgicHare125

Post by TheurgicHare125 »

Starter. He'll be your ace by the end of the season once his endurance gets to B-. He's already by far your best.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”