Couple of things

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Broohaha

Couple of things

Post by Broohaha »

Now that we’ve been up and running again for a while I wanted to throw a couple of things out there.

The automatic placement when I’m adjusting my lineup is truly awful. It seems like I remember this was an experiment from years ago that was quickly reverted because everyone hated it. I can’t be certain about that but I am certain I hate it now. We need to be required to hit save before the adjustments are made. If we’re not, we’re GOING to forget to hit save at all. This happens over and over and over. There are no appropriate words capable of describing the level of irritating this feature achieves.

Really not digging the new menu system. I understand that your trying to accommodate all the different browsers out there, but I really hope you will include an option for the majority of us who’ve had no problem with either our browser or the menu itself to keep the “classic view” or something as close as possible to the interface we’ve always had.

Thanks for taking the time to read and keep up all the good work.
lyle

Re: Couple of things

Post by lyle »

Please do classic view. At the minute I don't see any menu above, below, or whatever. Not sure why this was messed with. Never had a problem with menu placement but I do now. Thanks..... :x
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I believe Admin is trying to make the menus (and the site in general) more mobile-friendly to accommodate the way people are now using their tech. A little patience would be advised while Chris works out the kinks.

I like the idea of a "classic" view of the menu system, which is something I think he's trying to create inside the Owner Profile page.

Personally, I'm not fond of the Cookie Notification but it's a requirement for every country outside the U.S. so it will probably be required here soon, as well.
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
lyle

Post by lyle »

I got one of the four modes to work in the edit screen. I have every button possible open along the left side. I can move around again, just a lot more cluttered. I could get the old menu to work on my ten year old flip phone, I think it was simplified and workable as it was. I hope your right and "classic" mode is an option...
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

The lineup screen gives you a pop-up if you try to navigate away and have not saved your changes yet. The drag and drop lineups are a great enhancement, as is the optional (it is a checkbox at the bottom of the lineup page) "re-arrange" lineup automatically thing.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

I think on mobile the old menu system worked really well. Now, what used to require me clicking on one link (getting to "results") now requires me to click on three different things as I navigate through the menu.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

piper108 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm I think on mobile the old menu system worked really well. Now, what used to require me clicking on one link (getting to "results") now requires me to click on three different things as I navigate through the menu.
Were you using the plain text menus?
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

The only big difference I see with the new menus is when you clicked on "News" before it automatically took you to all the current news, now you have to click on "News" then on "This Year"
The Land of Pleasant Living
Broohaha

Post by Broohaha »

Hamilton2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:55 am The lineup screen gives you a pop-up if you try to navigate away and have not saved your changes yet. The drag and drop lineups are a great enhancement, as is the optional (it is a checkbox at the bottom of the lineup page) "re-arrange" lineup automatically thing.
I’m sure you’re correct if you’re using a computer. I’ve been playing on my phone for years. Nothing you just said applies to me.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Broohaha wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm
Hamilton2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:55 am The lineup screen gives you a pop-up if you try to navigate away and have not saved your changes yet. The drag and drop lineups are a great enhancement, as is the optional (it is a checkbox at the bottom of the lineup page) "re-arrange" lineup automatically thing.
I’m sure you’re correct if you’re using a computer. I’ve been playing on my phone for years. Nothing you just said applies to me.
I use my phone as well, but I have it set to "view full site" instead of the mobile site. As Chris said in an earlier thread, the mobile navigation and functionality for the site has lagged far behind for years.

I hope he gets this fixed for you! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”