Football changes coming soon

Owner to Owner help and advice
Admin
Site Admin

Football changes coming soon

Post by Admin »

This week we will be implementing the following changes to the football game:

- Fixed fumble in end zone bug. This is the bug that would show a fumble after the ball carrier was already in the end zone so it was a touchdown regardless of the fumble. The fumble should no longer happen.

- Fixed bug allowing extra plays in OT after the game should end.

- Changed last second OT kick strategy to only apply when both teams have had a possession and are still tied.

- Tally added for winless seasons, total seasons, and postseason wins/losses (to be used on an owner card). Regular season wins/losses have been tracked since day 1.

- Added rule to leave a timeout on defense until near the end of the half

- Altered DT development curves to concentrate more on Run Cover

After this we'll have a few other changes coming by the end of the month:

- Player position changes

- A new salary model

- Leagues with several unowned teams will automatically contract without losing any history

I normally don't like making two updates so close together but I need to get that overtime fix into place and I don't want it to wait for the other changes.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
montywop

Re: Football changes coming soon

Post by montywop »

Sounds good..can't wait! :)
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
Ironmen

Post by Ironmen »

Exactly what are the "player position changes?"
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ironmen wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm Exactly what are the "player position changes?"
If you play a player enough at a different position than his native position, he will move to that position in the offseason and no longer be subject to the execution penalty. His old position will become a secondary position for which he only gets a slight Execution penalty. You can also force a change using position training.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Ironmen

Post by Ironmen »

What is the criteria for "playing enough" at a different position?
Are there any limitations to what the player's new position can be?
What will the "slight" execution penalty be?
What is the criteria for "forcing", using position training?
When will all of this been in full effect and a regular feature of the football SIM?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The position, salary, and contraction changes are still being worked on. The other changes are in test and if a last review doesn't find any problems they will be moved to the main site tonight.

"Playing enough" varies; a kicker isn't on the field as often as a QB, for example. But as a rule of thumb, if a starter is playing at a position other than his native one and racks up more minutes at that position than any other position they will change to that position. If they are not a starter they will likely change positions only through position training.

The position penalty I am currently working with for secondary position is 1/3 of the regular execution penalty.

If you want an early view and a chance to help shape changes, join the football beta team; just send me a ticket asking to be part of the beta. Also, anyone can access the beta football forum and comment.

Chris
Ironmen

Post by Ironmen »

I'd like to try the beta, but I've never had any tickets I ever submitted answered by Admin.
The last one I sent was on 10/9/18- 2 days ago.
The ticket number is #8166.
Could you answer it, please?
rundog

Post by rundog »

If you're going to make changes like that to centers you better make sure there's centers worth a damn coming out in the drafts. I'm looking at the college classes for the next few years at center in the Franco Harris League and they're total garbage.
Ironmen

Post by Ironmen »

Referring back to the answer you sent me on ticket #8166 that I submitted:

I am a long-time owner/player on your football SIM.

Why have you chosen to decree me as being "ineligible" to be appointed commissioner in a
premium league that has 11 unpaid/dead teams and that has a commissioner who hasn't logged onto
his team in that league since Jan. 13, 2018- 9 months ago?

I requested to be appointed as its commissioner to post all the dead teams for sale, since there's clearly
is no active commissioner to do so and to try straighten out all the dead rosters, most of which have
only 40 active players and top draft choices permanently buried on the inactive roster.

You also stated you'll find a commissioner for that league.
How do you propose to do this?

Return to “Football Game Questions”