Tell me how

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Cueball899

Re: Tell me how

Post by Cueball899 »

In week 1 of preseason against Philly Chicago put up 24 points.
Preseason week 2 Chicago puts up 31 against Virginia.
Preseason week 4 Puts up 34 against Baton Rouge.
Regular season week 1, 24 against Rochester.
Week 2, 20 against N.O..
Week 5, 31 against Detroit.

Dose not seem out of character or unlikely that Chicago put up 31 points in a game. Averaging 21.4 points a game including preseason and 18.4 in the regular season.

So my assumption, that makes an a** out of me and only me, you can't see how Chicago put up 31 points against your team.

By the way, Philly is 5 and 0, Virginia is 4-1, N.O. is 4-1, and Detroit is 4-1. All top teams Chicago put up over 20 points in the game.

Also, including your preseason, you are averaging 20.4 points a game and 20 points a game in the regular season. Yet you don't question how you put up 27 points against New Jersey. :roll: A team that is 3-1. Only gave up 3 points in week 1, 17 in week 2, 10 in week 4, but 27 to Detroit week 3. Also has a shutout going today.
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

Not trying to pick sides here, but there is an "Any Given Sunday" quality to the SIM.

My team got waxed 43-9 in the pre-season by San Francisco, who was using its backup QB. In the regular season, my team shut them out 22-0 with their regular QB.

My offense and defense play calling was essentially the same in both. Personnel wise, I had one defensive starter and three offensive starters on the bend.

The difference? My team committed six turnovers (2 INT, 4 fumbles - all within 55 yards of my endzone) to SF's one TO.

Any Given Sunday.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

Lebanon_Oilers wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Any Given Sunday.
I have had years where I beat most of the top teams in the league but struggled to stop and put up points against some of the lower teams. I never go into a game saying I got this. Some of the owners who struggle to get wins every year have some pretty stingy defenses and some can surprisingly put a lot of points at random.

If the sim didn't have the Any Given Sunday then I would not being playing. I don't won't to go into any game say this is given. Yes, I have games where I know I should win but I never underestimate anyone. I when I get surprised by a team, hats off to them. I will go back and look at what I did wrong or how they where able to get the upper hand and correct it if possible.

It does seem at times that the players are human and have good and bad days. Some days your #1 QB just can't complete a pass, or your star RB can't run the ball more then 2 yards per carry or fumbles 4 times in a game, WR drop every other pass, and O line just can't block as they give up 10 sacks.

It makes it feel more real.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

jenko5030 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 am
This is why it's not good for rookies to come into the league with loaded roster's winning everything without earning it before you have learned anything about the sim. As I said before defending champ, everyone is out to beat you and will plan better to make sure they give it there best effort.
According to you I'm never going to have 'earned it' so that statement doesn't mean much. Unless I start from scratch with totally new players you will never give me credit for anything. I'm just a blind squirrel that found a nut twice in a row. Got it.
How about congrats Chicago, well played game. Not this is bull and no way that owner should be able to beat me.
You mean the same way that you congratulated me after my Sim Bowl wins? Instead of you saying it was bull because my team was built with unfair trades.
A, B rated QB with A- power and B accuracy can throw 5 long passes in a row and complete them. Not 5 consecutive, but a total of 6 completed long passes and 5 of them went without one incomplete in between. Passes that are at least 14 or more yards in the air. While my defense is in man or deep zone.

My A+ power, A accuracy hardly ever completes a long passes.
Remember that? How about congrats Tennessee for completing those long passes? Instead of you saying it was bull and no way that should have happened. It's not like that QB completed those passes consecutively. Not only that but you won the game. What do you have to complain about?
I don't know how I missed this post. As with anything it takes time to earn it, no matter what it is. You are starting to earn your spot in my eyes as you are making good trades to allow you to maintain your team. You also continue to win and its show you know how to put in a playbook. But for me and of no fault by you and it truly is unfair to you that I am biased against that roster because I saw lopsided trades where being made and I tried to get someone to do something about it but they didn't see it as I did until they realized that he owned 3 teams. Then they saw what he was doing, but by that time he had already built a loaded roster illegally. Unfortunately before you bought the team nothing was done about the roster to correct it. In the "It ain't right" thread, I said multiple times that "nothing against you, not your fault, I feel like a jerk and I even apologized" for the way I welcomed you in to league and the way you were congratulated after your Sim Bowl win.

I also congratulated you after your last Sim Bowl win, in cause you have forgotten. I even mentioned how you have set a new record and done something that has never been done before. Again, Congrats.

You seem to still be sour about and I guess I do understand as to why you will still be sour. I have asked for you to look at it from are point of view and I don't believe you have or you just can't see it from are point. Rookies don't come in and dominate the league. It's never been done. Most veterans struggle to even get to the Sim Bowl let alone win it. Win it twice in a row by a rookie I would have said it was impossible and I ASSUME most would agree with that. N.O. has won 720 games with a .632 winning percentage. Second most wins only behind S.F., but has only been to the Sim Bowl once and lost. Monty has been in the playoffs 42 times and only went to the big one once.

Finally, as for my question as to how a B accuracy QB can complete long passes over and over when I'm playing Deep zone and man to man is a reasonable question. Has nothing to do with the fact I won the game. When I'm ask questions, it is solely to try and figure out the answer so I can game plan for it in the future. Based on what you said about my question because I won I can't ask a question about how something happened to learn and better prepare for the next time. I also never said it was bull. I just merely asked how. I also ASSUME that most would see a B accuracy QB completing a handful of long passes against deep cover would see that as strange. As for your question about Chicago, I gave you a valid answer that made complete sense as to why his team could put up 31 points in a game.

Based on the question about Chicago and your question about how my league leading rusher at the time was able to run for 154 yards against you says a lot to me about your attitude towards me and how you see your team as somewhat unstoppable, again I ASSUME that your head is getting pretty big.
"How can TB's RB put up 154 yards against MY Defense?" "While you're at it please explain how Chicago's offense suddenly became high powered enough to score 31 points against the top points allowed defense in the league." "Excuse ME" " :roll: "

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
jenko5030

Post by jenko5030 »

Based on the question about Chicago and your question about how my league leading rusher at the time was able to run for 154 yards against you says a lot to me about your attitude towards me and how you see your team as somewhat unstoppable, again I ASSUME that your head is getting pretty big.
"How can TB's RB put up 154 yards against MY Defense?" "While you're at it please explain how Chicago's offense suddenly became high powered enough to score 31 points against the top points allowed defense in the league." "Excuse ME" " :roll: "
When you give attitude to me you get attitude back. You claim you posed a valid question. Well so did I. How was anything I asked any different?

You have put words in my mouth before and this time was no different. I never used the term 'bull'. It just made no sense at the time for your RB to put up the yards he did or for Chicago to score that many points against my defense. It left me scratching my head. Using preseason stats to prove Chicago can score points doesn't make any sense to me either. Anything in preseason can be totally skewed by owners trying to protect players from getting injured by putting them on the bench or they could be trying new strategies, etc.

The reason why I put that smiley face there was the fact that you felt the need to correct me about the points allowed. To me, that's the same as pointing out a spelling error or something. My point was that my defense was one of the better ones in the league at the time.

It's funny that you say I have a 'big head'. I'm not going to be the type to brag about anything I do in this sim. I won't put any championships I may win in my signature or anything like that. Also, if we're going to make assumptions about a person's character I could make some about yours based on my interactions with you so far but I won't because I would rather not start a flame war or disrupt the league in any way.
Edwardoh

Post by Edwardoh »

wow! this sure went sideways.....
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

jenko5030 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:17 pm
When you give attitude to me you get attitude back. You claim you posed a valid question. Well so did I. How was anything I asked any different?

You have put words in my mouth before and this time was no different. I never used the term 'bull'. It just made no sense at the time for your RB to put up the yards he did or for Chicago to score that many points against my defense. It left me scratching my head. Using preseason stats to prove Chicago can score points doesn't make any sense to me either. Anything in preseason can be totally skewed by owners trying to protect players from getting injured by putting them on the bench or they could be trying new strategies, etc.

The reason why I put that smiley face there was the fact that you felt the need to correct me about the points allowed. To me, that's the same as pointing out a spelling error or something. My point was that my defense was one of the better ones in the league at the time.

It's funny that you say I have a 'big head'. I'm not going to be the type to brag about anything I do in this sim. I won't put any championships I may win in my signature or anything like that. Also, if we're going to make assumptions about a person's character I could make some about yours based on my interactions with you so far but I won't because I would rather not start a flame war or disrupt the league in any way.
When I give attitude, you give it right back. Lets take a look.

"It ain't right
Post by Cueball899 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 pm

Nothing against K.C. new owner, its not his fault, but it ain't right. Illegally built team with lopsided trades by an owner who owned three teams.

Re: It ain't right
Post by Cueball899 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 pm

I feel the same, like a jerk, salty, but that roster was unfairly built. It suck for the teams that have taken the time to build their teams the right way only to lose to a illegally stacked team.

But yes congrats to Jenko for the Sim Bowl win,

My apologizes in how your first Sim Bowl win victory party played out. Try and see it from our point of view as we have seen it from yours. It's nor your fault, you bought the team fair and coached the team to victory you deserve the honor."

No attitude, I said not your fault several times, nothing against the new owner. I also said I felt like a jerk for bringing it up and even apologized for it.

In the thread "Explain" where I brought up a question you posted something.

Re: Explain
Post by jenko5030 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Somebody also explain how TB 's running back rushed for 154 yards against my defense. Or how their receiver with B+ catch hauls in 10 out of 13 passes against my best cornerback. How does that work?

Look at your use on words "my defense." Implying that there is no way the leading rusher in the league could put up 154 yards on my defense. By the way plenty of times he has put up more then 150 yards in a game, even over 200 yards in a game. I also gave you an explanation, no attitude.

Then in the thread "Playoffs" you posted that your CB was just injured for the third time that season. I responded with;
That sucks, happen to me with one of my linebackers during his rookie season. So I gave him the nickname GLASS. But the impact is not as great as yours cause Vaughn Reynolds is the top CB in the league. Plus you really don't have depth at CB even though you have 3 great CB's.

A post with no attitude where I agree with you.

Then after your second time winning the SIm Bowl I posted "History has been made";

History has been made
Post by Cueball899 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:09 pm

For the first time in FHFL a rookie has come in and won back to back Sim Bowls with out even playing two full seasons.

No rookie has won the Sim Bowl in their first season but now it has been done two season in a row.

Congrats to Jenko on another Sim Bowl win and making history.

I congratulated you on your win and even showed that you had set a new record, a first in the history of the FHFL.

Now, we get to this thread, "Tell me How" where I ask another question and during the post you ask a question,
Post by jenko5030 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:06 pm

While you're at it please explain how Chicago's offense suddenly became high powered enough to score 31 points against the top points allowed defense in the league.

Where you say top points allowed defense, you were not, you were second. In a game about stats, stats matter. I responded how Chicago could have put up 31 points and pointed out that you were not the top points allowed defense. ;
Chicago has a good offense and can beat any team on any day when he has the right playbook. Plus he has a very strong offensive line with a good RB, and he used that to his advantage. He has had 2 short fields from and int and a fumble that he turned into TD's. Chicago was also able to put him self in a bunch of 3rd and shorts allowing him to be 9 of 13 on 3rd downs. No turnovers and 30 minutes of offense on the field.

Also, you had the second best defense based on points allowed before week 5 was played.

Any owner, can beat any owner on any day. Playbook, roster, strategy changes during the game, and of course luck.

Your reply;
Post by jenko5030 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Chicago has a good offense and can beat any team on any day when he has the right playbook.
That supposedly good offense had averaged 15 points a game before today.
Also, you had the second best defense based on points allowed before week 5 was played.
Excuse me. Thanks for clearing that up. :roll:

A couple things here. Use of words, "Excuse me" The first use of ATTITUDE, by you, not me. Second in your last post, at the top of this page you said you used a smiley face, when you used a eye roll. Your second use of ATTITUDE.

My reply to yours,
This is why it's not good for rookies to come into the league with loaded roster's winning everything without earning it before you have learned anything about the sim. As I said before defending champ, everyone is out to beat you and will plan better to make sure they give it there best effort.

How about congrats Chicago, well played game. Not this is bull and no way that owner should be able to beat me.

Chicago has also been playing for 50 seasons and has beaten all of us even when where having are best seasons. He has won just as many Sim Bowls as you and is very capable to win it all just needs to find the right playbook and use the correct strategy.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My first use of attitude, after yours.

The only words I put in your mouth was the use of "Bull" which was implied in the use of your words; How did TB RB put up 154 on MY DEFENSE , How did Chicago put up 31 against the top points allowed defense. You were implying that its bull. So, yes, you never said it. Same use of words are implying the Big Head also.

I have explain ever thing you have ever asked, even the loaded roster. You are just refusing to hear it or see from anyone else's point of view other then your own. My RB and Chicago put up those numbers is completely in reason, a B accuracy QB completing 6 long passes is not. Different type of question. And I only gave you attitude after you gave to me. Thank you and have a nice day.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”