Error message clicking on a game on Results page

Owner to Owner help and advice
meat1968

Re: Error message clicking on a game on Results page

Post by meat1968 »

I also created a ticket and got a reply that scares the hell out of me:

Hi,

A new Sim Dynasty account has been created for you.

Click the url below to activate your account and select a password!

https://simdynasty.freshdesk.com/register/XXXXXXXX

If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Sim Dynasty

I modified the url to include the "XXXXXX" to make sure nobody uses it if it's malware related.No idea why I would need to create a new account for the phpbb Sim Dynasty Forums to alleviate the issue...
num014

Post by num014 »

ballmark wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 pm Refresh or reload page. (F5 on most keyboards, hold and pull down for most mobile devices.)

Num014 has the right of it. Peer tested and approved.
It's no use now.
Poston192

Post by Poston192 »

I got the same email for new account/password.
edmortimer

Post by edmortimer »

It is getting worse. Cannot see the boxscore of any of my 5 leagues now, and refreshing the page doesn't help.
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

edmortimer wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am It is getting worse. Cannot see the boxscore of any of my 5 leagues now, and refreshing the page doesn't help.
ditto
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is fixed.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ashuran9

Post by ashuran9 »

It is working!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

meat1968 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 am I also created a ticket and got a reply that scares the hell out of me:

Hi,

A new Sim Dynasty account has been created for you.

Click the url below to activate your account and select a password!

https://simdynasty.freshdesk.com/register/XXXXXXXX

If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Sim Dynasty

I modified the url to include the "XXXXXX" to make sure nobody uses it if it's malware related.No idea why I would need to create a new account for the phpbb Sim Dynasty Forums to alleviate the issue...
We are using Freshdesk for support tickets now. Integration of support with the forums is essentially what caused the security hole that we were attacked through. However, getting single sign on to work with Freshdesk has been a challenge. The URL they give you to create an account routes back through us and doesn't even create the account. So it's not malware, it's just a bug. But we've been having to put our time and resources into getting and keeping the site running.

Although Freshdesk give us the potential for greatly streamlining support operation, this event shows the limitation of it: in the past one person would have reported the issue, marked it Urgent, I'd have replied on that thread I was working on it, then you all would have seen that and either replied on the same thread or just waited. Now, no one knew I was aware of the issue and I am having to close over a hundred individual support requests reporting the problem.

We know all the changes through this have been difficult. The site is nowhere near back to where it should be. I'm having to put up changes and fixes with much less testing than normal. We'll end up with a stronger, better site, but that doen't help all of the interruptions now.

Thank you all for your patience as we get back on our feet.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

Thanks Guys!!!

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”