Fix Player Health Ratings

Let us know what you'd like to see!
jzirker

Fix Player Health Ratings

Post by jzirker »

For a Baseball Sim, I've never seem comparable health ratings when looking at real-life baseball.

Here, it's not uncommon for more than half of a draft class made up of 16-20 year olds have terrible health. Like D or worse. In real life, this is when these kids are at their healthiest! Fewer games, young bodies, fewer bad habits, less injuries.

Then in simD, it's not apparent that guys that get to be 33+ years of age (perhaps it should happen even earlier), ever see their health decrease.

I believe health ratings should generally be much higher in SimD when guys are younger, and as they age and suffer injuries, their health decreases (sometimes significantly).

Unless I'm missing something?

how hard would it be to update code to "flip" the trends?
ballmark

Re: Fix Player Health Ratings

Post by ballmark »

Injuries should affect Health, also. Knock a point or two off per injury. More points for longer injuries. Just my two cents.
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

jzirker wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:40 pm Then in simD, it's not apparent that guys that get to be 33+ years of age (perhaps it should happen even earlier), ever see their health decrease.
Players currently lose health starting at OS34.

Pitchers that pitch too many innings at 27 of younger do as well.
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

My suggestion relates to the initial health ratings of players. It's illogical the way so many (a majority) of young players are so unhealthy.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

jzirker wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:32 am My suggestion relates to the initial health ratings of players. It's illogical the way so many (a majority) of young players are so unhealthy.
I agree. Either increase the health for draftees, or have the younger players able to gain health.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”