WTF! When were these games played?

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Descent54

WTF! When were these games played?

Post by Descent54 »

3 way tie breaker for 2nd in the Mickey Mantle League.

I am here at 7:30AM CST expecting the games to start at 8 , but no they were already played without giving me and the other 2 owners a chance to adjust our lineups.

That is some real BS!!!!!!

Where does it say what time they are supposed to be played? It doesn't.
ballmark

Re: WTF! When were these games played?

Post by ballmark »

League Info/Schedule should say.
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Mark:

Normaily when there is a tie, it is played right before the regular playoff game, but this was a unique situation where 3 teams tied. They were to play two games and if still tied, head to head would prevail. Like I said there is nothng posted about times.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I don't know about Mickey Mantle, but if it's like all the other leagues I'm in, the tie breaker games - no matter how many - would be simmed at the tiebreaker time listed on your league schedule. Doesn't matter how many, they are all simmed at the same time and then the results posted.

At least I think that's how it works.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

ballmark wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm I don't know about Mickey Mantle, but if it's like all the other leagues I'm in, the tie breaker games - no matter how many - would be simmed at the tiebreaker time listed on your league schedule. Doesn't matter how many, they are all simmed at the same time and then the results posted.

At least I think that's how it works.
This is correct. The tie breakers are all simmed simultaneously at the time listed on the league schedule page.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Well, that is certainly not fair for the owners who adjust their lineups on a game hy game basis. And this wasn't one game, it was 2 each. And what would have happened it there had been an injury to one or more of their pkayers in the first game?
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

That's just the way it is man. Sorry. The double tie breakers have always been played simultaneously. An injury in one of the games doesn't impact availability in the other, but would leave that player injured afterwards. Is it goofy? Sure? Is it unfair? Absolutely not. Everyone gets the same chance to prep their teams prior to the games. No one can tinker in between. It is what it is.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”