What everyone think

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Soggy

Re: What everyone think

Post by Soggy »

I read it the first time

I understand you are not trying to prevent tanking
Creating a lottery for bottom 4 & next 8 does create some "excitement"... but I think the effort to manage and the potential to reduce/complicate trades outweigh the benefit of changing...
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

chance4103 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 am My suggestion was not to prevent tanking it was just to make it more interesting.
The bottom 4 teams only have a chance for top 4 picks. The remaining 8 non-play-off teams have a chance for the 5th thur 1 pick. I think this would help the that finish 5th thur 12 place.
I would be against this, as this method would only make tanking more prevalent and more extreme! Any team with a chance at getting into the bottom 4 would have a very strong incentive to tank, or wind up falling from 4th to as late as 12th in the draft.

There's rebuilding/tanking and then there's the real tanking that goes on in other leagues. Pitching rotations filled with C and C+ pitchers, bullpens the same or worse. I don't want to encourage that type of tanking.
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

I made a typing error it was suppose to 5th thur 12 pick not 5th thur 1st
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

chance4103 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:24 pm I made a typing error it was suppose to 5th thur 12 pick not 5th thur 1st
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. What do you think about what I said about your plan?
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

There's rebuilding/tanking and then there's the real tanking that goes on in other leagues. Pitching rotations filled with C and C+ pitchers, bullpens the same or worse. I don't want to encourage that type of tanking

I don't like teams fielding teams like this and I don't agree with it.
I don't think it would change how extreme teams Cause they tank that way already.
I don't think I have had more than twice over-all 1st pick in draft since I have been playing mostly 2nd 3rd and 4th pick overall.Where 1 team keeps getting that 1st over-all pick 3 or 4 season in a row.Way drafts have been sometimes there is only one real good player each draft. This way gives all 4 teams a chance each season.

Plus it only suggestion nothing more.Just wanted add maybe a little unpredictability in draft. Keep things interesting.
I just wanted see how many liked it disliked it.I didn't want to propose any new rule.Just everyone thoughts.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

chance4103 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:58 am I don't think it would change how extreme teams Cause they tank that way already.
No one here has tanked that way (extreme tank), and I want to keep it that way.

Return to “Wally Berger League”