Trade Complaint

Discussions for the Robin Yount League.

Moderators: Leonard, Philphan

Admin
Site Admin

Trade Complaint

Post by Admin »

There has been an abuse report on a recent trade:
Trade #1623263 has been completed between the Houston Bandicoots and the New York Nomads. The New York Nomads receive Doug Cruz, Draft Pick - 2284 Round 1 (HOU) from the Houston Bandicoots in exchange for Tim Uhlir.

If 3 complaints are not received in the next 72 hours, the matter will be considered closed. To lodge a complaint, please visit http://www.simdynasty.com/tradevote.jsp?tradeid=1623263&newsid=1073767477.

I ask that you refrain from discussing trades. Nothing positive ever comes from this. Anyone discussing any trades publicly may have their posting privileges revoked.

So if you feel this complaint is without merit, please simply vote to allow the trade to stand.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that not all trades are equal, and not all inequal trades should be overturned. A trade should only be overturned if there is bad faith on the part of one or both of the teams involved. If both teams get something they need out of the trade and neither party is taking advantage of an unaware trading partner, the trade should stand. Overturning a trade may not be used as a strategic option.

If either of the two owners involved in this deal would like to comment on the deal, please reply to this thread stating the facts or reasons for this trade without emotion or being argumentative.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Texas4ever

Re: <t>Trade Complaint</t>

Post by Texas4ever »

Really??? Nobody responds??? Houstonnsteals wackervfrom Atlanta and uhlir from
NY???
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

i responded, i voted to let it stand. the tread said it needed at least 3 owners to agree it was a shady deal. i am guessing the other owners voted the way i did.
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

I also voted to let the trade stand. I thought it was pretty fair but regardless owners should keep in mind that just because a trade doesn't seem fair to them doesn't mean that it should be overturned. Someone could make a case for a winner and loser in every trade but that doesn't necessarily mean an owner was being taking advantage of.
swerve3

Post by swerve3 »

Since I was one of the trading teams I will respond, even though I do not feel I need to defend anything.

Doug Cruz began this season as B- overall with C-/C+/B- ratings. He already had his birthday so he is only off season age 20. If you project him out, which is all you can do, he is well on his way to being an A- or possibly A overall pitcher. So far this year he as already converted 5 key improvements and flipped his control up to B. I debated if I wanted to deal him but hoped that if I included a young project-able pitcher I would only have to part with the one 1st round pick.

Had NY declined or countered I am not sure I would have made or continued to pursue a deal. I probably would have just turned my focus to a different pitcher and tried to keep Cruz.
Texas4ever

Post by Texas4ever »

Of course hou is going to think they gave a good deal?? Give me a f/;)&); break! Cut young pitcher for a high playoff #1 and a crappy player that will never be an allstar? Guess there is insider trading going on?
swerve3

Post by swerve3 »

Texas4ever wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:10 pm Of course hou is going to think they gave a good deal?? Give me a f/;)&); break! Cut young pitcher for a high playoff #1 and a crappy player that will never be an allstar? Guess there is insider trading going on?
So you want to single me out while other owners gave you their thoughts? That's cool, seriously though, if I were "insider trading" as you say. Why is it that I don't just trade myself every good player from the other teams that I manage if they are not owned/chaperoned? I am not going to claim to be a white knight but right now every team is owned or chaperoned. That is a far cry from what this league was not so long ago. The team NY built had plenty of pieces that I drafted for them, pieces I could have easily "taken advantage of" if you want to go down that road.

Btw, have you even bothered to look at Cruz's progress? He now has 10 key improvements on the year, now B-/B velocity/control. He is well on his way to being either B or B+ overall at only 20 years old. At his current projection, which is all any of us can do, he is going to being a perennial all-star.

This is why you don't discuss trades on the board because now you are attacking me with baseless claims and I will not tolerate that. Quite frankly, pot meet kettle, if you want to play that game.
Texas4ever

Post by Texas4ever »

Kind of funny that NY trades their cy young pitcher to Houston for peanuts and disappears! Uhlir is 25-3 with Houston!!!! Whaaaaaaat??? Little collusion going on!!!!
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

Not sure what Uhlir's record has to do with anything. If he had a .500 record would it change the value of the players?? Definitely would not call a player that will end up at minimum A- overall (with a good chance to be an A overall starting pitcher) peanuts but it'll be interestingly to see how Cruz develops in the future.
Texas4ever

Post by Texas4ever »

Not sure?? You guys are all in a tight knit... screw me right? How does a guy like uhlir go for crap? I know it’s because Houston lawn friend was NY and they dealt him then left!!!

Return to “Robin Yount League”