CAL Status - Tue Sep 17th

Discussions for the Branch Rickey League.

Moderators: nuzzy62, Buzzz, VladimirTrump

Johngarm70u

Re: Moving day....

Post by Johngarm70u »

VladimirTrump wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:56 pm https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Team drafting one in the initial draft will draft 16 in the amateur draft.

Would be a bit unfair if they got the first pick in both drafts 😆

Not sure if you have seen it yet and I dont want to confuse anyone but that's just the order for RP which happens to be first on the list. Every position has a separate draft order. I am just confirming we are using the 1st one and it's the RP order. You said backwards and thata cool too. I dont care either way just want everyone to understand. I know you will be updating the sheet to reflect it with team names.

Also. Not sure if you know but that new link isn't working
mookie

Newbie checking in

Post by mookie »

Hello took over the Pittsburgh team, Virgin to a intial draft, any advice... Looks to be a competitive league..
Mookie
PhillyDynasty

Re: City Preference

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Philly please! (from mil)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: City Preference

Post by Admin »

Sorry, I didn't see any of this. I'm going to do my best to fix these, since we haven't drafted yet.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
samtinky

Re: Newbie checking in

Post by samtinky »

Welcome Mookie! On the initial draft advice, it's drafted position by position. You can see where you draft for each position when you click on order. It's serpentine, so if you pick 1st you also pick 32nd and 33rd. If you pick 16th, you also pick 17th, etc. It takes me forever to rank initial drafts as I go through each position player by player to set them. Sorry, I don't know a better way to do it.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

I played back in the day and the times I messed up I tried to go both young and compete. Didn't really work. IMO go for guys in a certain age range that are all going to be good at the same time. If you go super young dont forget to grab some mentors or get players to trade with value if you have a super high pick. Just look at the draft and where you pick/who will be available and make a plan and go for it. With the current rules, other than just keeping a good group together tanking won't be a thing. The draft is already set. If you go for it and have holes there are always guys trading after an initial draft.

Lots of different strategies. Above all else just have fun with it. Commit to a plan and go for it. Dont half ass it. If you're wrong who cares. It's the fun that you do it for and everything can be fixed. I am rooting for you and hope you get who you want. (Unless I want them)

NYN
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Another thing to think about. As soon as the drafts run the players on the waiver wire are available first come first serve. So there may be a gem or two available or mentors if you need them. Try your best to be around when the draft runs as you can get as many as you want and like I said. First come first serve.
roguesteve

League Rules

Post by roguesteve »

The league rules are incorrect and should be corrected before any draft.
master86

Draft Pool

Post by master86 »

Just to be sure before I start ranking, but the current draft pool that is available is the pool we'll be using when the leagues if full?
Johngarm70u

Re: Draft Pool

Post by Johngarm70u »

Yes. Order and players are locked in per Admin. Sort away

Return to “Branch Rickey League”