Merger

Discussions for the Mel Ott League.
Slvanlae

Merger

Post by Slvanlae »

Any interest in merging with Carl Yastrzemski league?
historymann49

Re: Merger

Post by historymann49 »

I have no objection to the concept of a merger, but we have 4 bots and the CYL has 5, so I assume that would make the merged league a 24-teamer. I was in one of those and didn't like it. A 3rd place team should not have the possibility of making the playoffs.
Steelsmith

Post by Steelsmith »

Historyman, reasoning sounds logical....
I think the first thing that ought to be done is to poll all owners to see who is committed for at least 5 more seasons (or something like that) so we have a greater knowledge of long term commitment.
tpcurley

Post by tpcurley »

This was proposed once before and if I am remembering correctly, it was pretty unanimously vetoed. Merging sounds good on the surface, but the reality is it still doesn't slove the problem of bots, as people leave/abandon 24 team leagues just as much as they do 16 team leagues. Also, no one really liked the idea of the league's history being totally wiped. I would be surprised if people feel differently this time around.
QB1TRAVIS

Post by QB1TRAVIS »

From Admin:

"For a merge to happen, though, the votes in both leagues must be unanimous. This is one of the very few "unanimous vote" rules on the site. The reason for this is that the whole point of Dynasty leagues is that they are leagues that don't have rule changes. People can join a Dynasty league knowing their experience will be consistent. This is why merges don't happen often; all it takes is a single owner against the merge to stop it.

Naturally, the temptation is to say "One person shouldn't be able to stop the leagues from merging". Once, I did decide that two leagues were sparse enough that I was going to impose the merge even though there were a couple of holdouts. It caused me huge issues, and I am not going to do it again."
Seawolves

Post by Seawolves »

Sorry all I have no interest in a merger. I like our league even with the bots.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

While the vast majority of owners in all the "eligible" leagues are in favor of merging there seems to be a single owner in each that could prevent it when a formal vote is requested. I know several owners, including myself will probably quit their respective dying leagues if it doesn't happen so the question will then become do they purchase into other leagues or do they drop without replacement.
QB1TRAVIS

Post by QB1TRAVIS »

Slvanlae,

If you or other owners quit their respective leagues and wish to continue our league would love to have you! Otherwise, we wish them all the best. We have several long standing owners and others who appear to be on the long term track. I alone have been in this league well over ten real years, starting in 1958 (Sim years). This is the only league I've ever played in.
Seawolves

Post by Seawolves »

If you all want to merger and leave the Mel Ott league thats fine. I won't. I'll just resign my team. I like this league and have for a very long time. Bots stink but I deal with them. Just my two cents.
dough

Post by dough »

I believe the majority of us want the MOL to remain as is. With the respect of our league, we will hopefully attract others and eliminate some bots.

Return to “Mel Ott League”