Merger

Discussions for the Reggie Jackson League.
edmortimer

Re: Merger

Post by edmortimer »

I'm for any kind of merger that eliminates the bots. I echo canauscot by saying the 24-team league I am in (not with canauscot) is very competitive and has been fun - although at the moment we have 2 bots in that league.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

24 team leagues are hard to rebuild in. The draft classes rarely have Red letter players and after the first 8 or so picks in the first round the talent is meh at best. I would vote no on a merger. The site needs new blood. We all need to find someone who plays fantasy baseball to take a team.
Michael01

Post by Michael01 »

Let me expand on the above post. No merger, 24 team leagues are to hard. It would make me suck even more.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

While the vast majority of owners in all the "eligible" leagues are in favor of merging there seems to be a single owner in each that could prevent it when a formal vote is requested. I know several owners, including myself will probably quit their respective dying leagues if it doesn't happen so the question will then become do they purchase into other leagues or do they drop without replacement.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

I am in a 24 team league. In fact I pushed for it to form. If 15 want to join together from both I won't say no. Just know the draft is harder, teams tend to trade less and pitchers with Green letter stats tend to populate rosters, I would rather play variable development and have anti tank rules that hurt your draft position. And players who trade fairly and try help struggling teams.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

I am in a 24 team league with you. I disagree with all of your conclusions. In any event the Yaz has a singular owner, ironically a first year owner, who is a No vote so the the point is moot. I am just going to leave the Yaz and buy into a league with fewer Bots.

Return to “Reggie Jackson League”