Paul Schaller joins 3,000 hit club

Discussions for the Cesar Cedeno League.
LTJaeger

Paul Schaller joins 3,000 hit club

Post by LTJaeger »

After ending last season with 2,999 career hits, Paul Schaller wasted no time in joining the 3,000 hit club, banging out the 459th homer of his career to join the elite circle. When asked about the achievement during the post game interviews, the always pleasant Schaller thanked the support he’s received from the Highlander Franchise and to all his teammates over his career. Schaller commented “My only regret is that Lyman isn’t here with me. I think he was made into a part-time player prematurely, and that he should have been in this group too,” in reference to his long time teammate and friend (and sometimes rival in award races).

Some controversy was kicked off when a reporter asked if Schaller wanted to also thank Jesus. Schaller responded with “No, I don’t. Jesus was a cool dude and offered some great guidelines to live by, but he’s long dead. Even if he were alive today, I doubt that he’d have any influence in my ability to hit major league pitching. If anything, I would say that my success includes my belief that there is no god. Because of that view I haven’t been distracted by the hypocrisy of religious leaders and followers. I believe in kindness, helping one another, protecting our planet, and respect for everyone. And once I retire, I Imagine myself trying to dedicate more of my time to those priorities”
Last edited by LTJaeger on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todibus

Re: Paul Schaller joins 3,000 hit club

Post by Todibus »

What a great career! Very good fielder at a premium position too.
Jonathan8

Post by Jonathan8 »

Congrats !
GM33

Post by GM33 »

What a career!
acnunnally

Post by acnunnally »

Schaller is an all-time great. In addition to 5 MVPs, 13 AS selections (including starting the game last season), a career line of .913/.384/.529/.318 on 460 HR, 1,690 RBI and 1,699 R (and counting), he is +181 for his career at 2B with 5 Gold Gloves (which are doled out equally foolishly in SimDynasty as they used to be in Major League Baseball before advanced defensive metrics). I'd take what Todibus said further, and note that he is one of the greatest defensive second basemen of all time.

Absolute lock for the HOF...If only the administrator would get his act together and pick back up on the balloting...
KuwentongPato

Post by KuwentongPato »

Congrats to a great player!

Return to “Cesar Cedeno League”