Important note on Dynasty renewal deadlines

Admin
Site Admin

Important note on Dynasty renewal deadlines

Post by Admin »

Way back in the past, we used to allow for late Dynasty renewals. This became a problem as people would wait up until the offseason or even later to renew. So we set a hard deadline of the first of the month.

Except, of course, I haven't really treated it as a hard deadline. Generally, teams were only listed on the first of the month if they had marked themselves as leaving or been inactive. I would give owners who had marked themselves as "Unknown" up to an extra week, and those marked as "Renewing" but not actually renewed as long as I could give them. Meanwhile, those teams were not available for purchase. I've had owners angry at me because they didn't renew all the way up to the draft and found that a bot had taken over their team.

So I am going to have to go back to enforcing the deadline, and it will now be fully automated. If you are marked as Unknown on the first of the month, your team will be listed for sale. You can still renew the team, but other owners will be able to purchase it as well, and if another owner does, I will not be able to accommodate you wanting to take the team back from that owner and renew it.

If you are marked as Renewing but do not actually renew by the deadline, the system will give you a 3 day grace period before it puts the team up for sale.

On the flip side.... If you renew a week in advance of the deadline, or purchase multiple seasons at renewal, you will get a discount on your renewal. If you have owned your team for 5 seasons or more, that discount will be larger. More details will come as soon as I get the code for all this written.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Poston192

Re: Important note on Dynasty renewal deadlines

Post by Poston192 »

Anything new on this renewal discount?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Poston192 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:18 pm Anything new on this renewal discount?
It's been a hectic month so I have not been able to get it coded; this month's discounts will be applied as a credit after the first week of the month.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
bpearly69

Post by bpearly69 »

any update? I just renewed another year in my league but didn't see anything, also whats the deadline? Ive never seen this anywhere? First of the month of which month..?
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

?
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

Has anything happened on this front?
bpearly69

Post by bpearly69 »

Also curious on this, have renewed and owned teams in two leagues for a bit but haven't seen anything
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Last I read, Chris was writing code 12-14 hours a day and has not yet implemented this but when he does, he'll write it into the code and update it all automatically at one fell swoop.
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

It's been 5 months since the announcement, and we still don't even know what the discount is/was going to be.
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

Are we ever going to hear anything from Chris other than something is going to happen someday?

Return to “News & Announcements”