What happened to Maze?

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Soggy

Re: What happened to Maze?

Post by Soggy »

I can reach out to him to confirm he is indeed leaving. If confirmed, we would need to elect a new commissioner and put his team up for sale?
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

His team is already up for sale
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm So..... Now what ?
Maze listed his team before he left, so all we need to do now is elect a new commish and if we want we can have a co-commish too.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I will nominate JBence. If he doesn't want it then I will put my name in the hat.

We need a commish that knows the game very well.
We need a commish that has a good winning history in Sim. I would say someone that has at minimum a .500 winning percentage. That narrows it down to 4 potential candidates which are Jbence, Willyd, jmckeean, and pecker247. Jbence and jmckeean have been here the longest so those two would be highly considered if they wanted it.
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

I don't think winning % should matter( winning % could be misleading). I think who would be best for the league.
We do need a Co-commish. I don't want it.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

I agree that anyone should be able to throw their hat into the ring to be the commish/ co-commish if they are interested. The league should vote on who they want to be commish from an open field. Winning percentage has nothing to do with someone being able to make sound/impartial decisions regarding league matters.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

It was just an idea. Yes winning percentage in a sense can be deceiving. Should we do it on world series %? To be honest I don't think it's responsible or fair for someone to potentially make or offer league decisions if they don't have a history of understanding the game. Understanding the game comes with experience which could be seasons played, but it also comes with winning. I was going to offer making the winning percentage higher than .500, but noticed that our league would be thin in that department. I think a commish should have at least 50 seasons under their belt. It doesn't make sense to give responsibility to someone that hasn't played for very long.

With that being said I think we should choose from this list.

WillyD
JBence
Napper
Jmckeean
Owenatkinson
Leonard
Soggy
pecker247

I would of put chance on that list, but he said he didn't want it. I think Leonard will be the first to admit he's in a ton of leagues so he may not want to do it, but I can't speak for him. I didn't include Hanny simply because he just got here and doesn't know the league dynamic and it can be tricky at times to put it nicely. We need some active that checks their team and league every single day. From what I have seen WillyD, myself and Soggy seem to be the most active with logging in and checking their team. Jmckeean is also pretty active as I see him on as well.

These are just my opinions of course and usually aren't worth the toilet paper it's written on, but it's just my input. And yes I like the co-commish, but maybe we have 3 commish's. That way when a new idea comes about if 2 out of those 3 agree then it goes to a vote. Something to consider.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

I'm out too. I enjoy stoking the fire too much to be in "management"
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I'd be OK with being a co-commish and/or the HOF coordinator.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Looks like he left since we didn't want the new injury system. Odd reason to leave, but that's what he said. What's interesting is I don't think very many leagues have that system in place anyway so I don't know.

Return to “Wally Berger League”