Complete Collapse!

Discussions for the Fred Lynn League.
TrammellHOF

Complete Collapse!

Post by TrammellHOF »

Pretty stunning collapse by my squad...after battling all season we have went 8-16 (including 1-8 at home) in the last 24. My buddy in Baltimore has taken the last 6 straight.

Congratulations to Oakland & KC on a well fought playoff spot, wish I would have given you both a better ending to this season.

TrammellHOF
Phillip75

Re: Complete Collapse!

Post by Phillip75 »

I was wondering what was going on with your team. Its certainly not over for you yet. Im not exactly setting the world on fire and you've whipped my team all season. I fully expect to lose this upcoming series to you. I also expect I'll be passed by Oakland for first place before its said and done. My pitching just isnt up to par this season. The cracks are starting to show!
Phillip75

Post by Phillip75 »

Like I said. It's not over. ABE just hates me against your team. Pretty sure that's Staiger's worst outing of the season. And i just lost my cleanup hitter to go along with the third baseman I already have on the DL so I'm limping to the finish.
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

That was definitely surprising vs. Staiger (13-1) but with your magic number at 3 and Oakland at 5 you both would have to go on major losing streaks for my squad to make it...I agree it's not over mathematically but it's unlikely. We will see :?:

TrammellHOF
woodpeckers

Post by woodpeckers »

I would like to weigh with with a complement to our NY friend. Another 100 game winning season. I think that is something like 7 out of the 8 last seasons with 100+ wins [the one exception was a 99 game winning season]. Perhaps you are missing the playoffs this season, but your winning ways just go on and on. I admire that.
cubfan

Post by cubfan »

Good point, woody...i'll second that! It's a tough league to compete in and your record speaks volumes, tram.
Phillip75

Post by Phillip75 »

Im on the downswing so I dont see myself winning 100 games next season or even making the playoffs so the door is wide open on the playoffs. I really wish we had more playoff spots because your team is deserving.

That being said, Oakland has a better pitching staff than i do by far and with my end of season slide and losing home field its unlikely I beat Oakland in the playoffs. Oakland got Washington to end the season and i got Baltimore and my team didn't perform when it needed to, although I blame ABE for trying to add drama with my injuries and Staiger getting shelled a couple of times at the end of the season. Depending on offseason and draft, I may be a seller this offseason so keep an eye out for me selling off if you wanna get in on Staiger or Rothrock!
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

Thanks Woody and Cubfan...always have enjoyed this league with you both in it.

Good luck to K.C. & Oakland (as well as the N.L. contenders)

See you all next year!

TrammellHOF
YanksGiants2011

Post by YanksGiants2011 »

It really seemed the second half of the season that it was just a matter of who had the slump at the wrong time, all three of us had some pretty bad streaks in there, I remember winning 10 in a row, the immediately after losing 8 out of 10, including two to Washington. Should be a great series against KC, really evenly matched teams as the season series showed 11 one run games and 6 extra inning games.
Phillip75

Post by Phillip75 »

Agreed on the slumps. I think we were all withing 2 or 3 games at one time and then i went on a run to open the lead back up but faded down the stretch. I was actually wondering what would happen if we ended the season tied for first and then with the season series being tied, how would home field have been decided?

Return to “Fred Lynn League”