Merger Request

Discussions for the Johnny Bench League.
ttreese

Merger Request

Post by ttreese »

Does anyone oppose a merge with another league to help remove our 9 Bots?

I have sent a request into admin for a merger. It was prevented in past by one owner who voted against it but that owner is no longer in our league.

If a merger is approved is has to happen tomorrow after the draft and before league play starts. Time is of the essence.

Please respond if you are accepting of a merger or oppose.

Thanks,

Ted - Chicago Fire
jrthecrusher

Re: Merger Request

Post by jrthecrusher »

I'm all about a merger.

I do worry that we're not going to be any other league's first choice since we're bringing 5 extra empty spaces to the table.
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

We have 9 openings; the most in any Dynasty League...
Dynasty League Openings

77 Openings out of 584 teams; 13% open, 87% filled....
redsfan43

Post by redsfan43 »

yea not much fun having 9 bots.. merger YES!
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

I submitted an urgent ticket request regarding a merger several days ago but have had no response.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The problem is there is no one with enough holes to merge with. You have 6 active owners right now. Here are my options:

- If we merge 3 leagues, we might be able to put together a 24 team league
- The Carl Yaztremski League has 6 bots. We could propose a merge to them, or I could move you all to that league, but it would be just the owners, not the teams. To compensate, I would set you each up there with 4 seasons of credit. I could move you now and let this league continue to run til the end of the season.

I'm looking at the league list to see what our best options are.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I could try to see if I can rewrite the merge code to insert a team in another league; that would give us the best possible option. I know we've tried in the past and it didn't go well, but we are still early in the season, I have time to work it out before the next one starts.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:43 pm I could try to see if I can rewrite the merge code to insert a team in another league; that would give us the best possible option. I know we've tried in the past and it didn't go well, but we are still early in the season, I have time to work it out before the next one starts.
This is what I am going to try. Working on it now; I am going to try to move teams between two defunct leagues.

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have a prototype of the migration done, I'll test it in the morning.

Chris
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

Thanks Chris! Appreciate your work on this. Sounds like a great option.

Return to “Johnny Bench League”