Humor

Discussions for the Rickey Henderson League.
ratman44

Humor

Post by ratman44 »

I just read the comment on Hernandez for the trade block. Sorry I find that absurd. “Rare to find a catcher that hits like this.”

He has never started an all star game, so someone has always out hit him. Then he has only been to 5 all star games. Baltimore now has 2 catchers that are better hitters and then Kokos in Cleveland is better. He doesn’t seem so rare.

I know it was the past owner who posted the message but just laughing at the absurdity.
bdavids

Re: Humor

Post by bdavids »

I know I just got here but, ouch. I can't speak for all-star appearances in this league but in my opinion a career OPS of .800 is pretty good for a catcher. I just removed him from the trading block to avoid further ridicule.

Where it looks like the prior owner really went wrong though was letting him convert to RF. Once a catcher over a certain age changes position, even if he played his whole career at C before this, he won't be able to convert back.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Sorry, obviously wasn’t a knock on you, but you said .800 OPS, but Kokos is .896, Segelke is .890, and Drake is .850, but he is just hitting his prime so that should go up. So my point was he wasn’t rare.
bdavids

Post by bdavids »

Sounds like this is a league with many great hitting catchers, which is even more rare around the site.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Then I guess I am spoiled too. I have had guys like this who were legitimate assassins at catcher.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12889837

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12462725
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

I dunno, if Kokos, Segelke, and Drake aren't on the market, then Hernandez is rare. I wish I'd have gone after him rather than the back-stop I picked up.
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

I think this league puts in the effort to convert prospects into catchers, which is a definite plus for any team if you've got the patience.
bdavids

Post by bdavids »

OF/C Jeff Hernandez gets the last laugh, setting career highs (out of a very good career) in SLG, ISO, OPS, Runs, SB, and HR, last season, while making the NL All-stars and helping SD make the playoffs. He might not be rare, but that's not too bad.

Return to “Rickey Henderson League”