Possible Merger With RSL?

Discussions for the Vida Blue League.

Moderator: alan21615

historymann49

Possible Merger With RSL?

Post by historymann49 »

Hello folks. I am the Commish-designate of the RSL. I have re-opened discussion of a possible merger on our Forum. I think a merger makes sense for both leagues. We find ourselves in a position similar to that of the VBL. We currently have 6 unowned teams, another with an owner who hasn't been active in more than a month, and another owner possibly leaving next season. We're not paused (we just started our new season Wednesday), but who knows what will happen in March. Most of our owners are very open to the idea of the merger; we want our league to survive, too.

Most of our discussion has been, and is, concerning the rules differences between our leagues. These are:

1. We use Minor League System 5;
2. We use Numbers for player skill ratings;
3. Our draft pool appears earlier than yours (8/15);
4. We have an extra pause day after the draft.

I don't see any of these differences as deal-breakers. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Tom

P.S. I understand how frustrated you are with this pause. I was in a league a couple of years ago that was paused for 5 months!
Roaddog

Re: Possible Merger With RSL?

Post by Roaddog »

Tom,

I am OK with a merger, and think it makes sense for both leagues. If you need the Tampa Bay team to make a merger work, I will stay on as owner. If you have enough owners come March, and don't have room for my team, I am fine with retiring the Bootleggers along with the VBL. We have owners in the VBL that want to keep their teams going more than I do.

I don't have a strong opinion on any rules, and will adjust to whatever rules the majority wants. I love Minor League System 3, but wonder if it is the reason for the lack of interest in the VBL?

Thanks for dealing with this!

Dave
Cotton1111

Post by Cotton1111 »

Team for sale...waited too long ...do not understand number system...good luck on merger
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Cotton1111 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:06 am Team for sale...waited too long ...do not understand number system...good luck on merger
I hope you'll reconsider. I know the wait is frustrating, but we need to keep our good owners. If you're in a league with Numbers, you can elect to display Letters. For example, I display Letters (which I prefer) on my Depth Chart, but I display Numbers on the baseball cards because they can be helpful as an extra resource.

Return to “Vida Blue League”