One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen ...

Discussions for the Max Carey League.
imalbundy2

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen ...

Post by imalbundy2 »

been holding off on this for several seasons but things only got worse instead of normalizing ...

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12546397

i have had countless pitchers better than this guy who weren't allowed to come close to those stats.....that includes A+ overall pitchers.

does everyone realize that he was only A/B when he put up that 2034 season? No A/B pitcher should EVER put up numbers like that. he was just barely red letter overall.

something happened with COL's entire 2030 draft class. look at his 4th and 5th round picks.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12546431

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12546448

that should never happen either. not sure if someone hacked the system or what, but what I do know is that what happened with those players is absolutely not normal.
yankeejim2323

Re: One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen ...

Post by yankeejim2323 »

Yeah, we have talked about that Draft Class before. Overall, it was probably the most talented group of players and it turned into several Championships for Colorado. I have actually tried studying his draft tendencies(and yours too actually) to better figure out how to draft all these players that turn to gold. But that Colorado class is definitely Top 5 all time in MCLs 85 year history, if not top one of all time.
yankeejim2323

Post by yankeejim2323 »

But atleast Shilo Wolf was a 1st round pick. This guy completely makes me scratch my head. I drafted him in the 3rd round. At 18yrs he was D+/C+. at 21yrs he was C+/B+. Next thing I know after I get rid of him, he wins 240 games. 5- 20 win seasons. 2 Cy Youngs. 7 All Stars. 4 Championships. What was I thinking?

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id ... imps=stats
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

that had nothing to do with colorado's drafting ability. it had to do with ABE making them improve and/or perform abnormally.

i must have forgot to set my draft card that season or not had time to finish because there is no way i would have drafted the guys i ended up with after the 2nd round instead of the guys COL took in 3-5 - especially the 4th-5th rounders.

i always move the young players WAYYYY up.
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

and then ABE makes my team get SWEPT by the worst team BY FAR in the league who has one player on the major league roster that would make my team.

but that's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with my previous messages that might have pissed some people off, right?

:roll:

there is absolutely NO WAY that would EVER happen in real life. It would be the equivalent of the major league all star team getting swept by a beer league team.

it's an even MORE ridiculous thing than what this post was originally about.
Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 »

How Peggy Kelly and bud Al? Are you still selling women’s shoe? You have more championships in sim then any other own along with 3 Hs touchdowns in a single game that a lot ! What ever happened to kittens and ffoursea and some of the other long time owners?
yankeejim2323

Post by yankeejim2323 »

:lol:
imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 »

that was FOUR touchdowns in a single game, thank you very much.

:D

Return to “Max Carey League”