Teams without owners

Discussions for the Marcus Allen Football League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

ShowTime

Teams without owners

Post by ShowTime »

there like 10 teams without a owner why cant we adjust down too 3 divisions each conference be 24 teams needed and just 2 we need to recruit owners for and all the good guys being drafted and not able to be traded from these teams would make it a bit more enjoyable. :?:
Lebanon_Oilers

Re: Teams without owners

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

Does the Commissioner need to request that of the Admin?
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Damn, I joined this league because it was a large NFL like league. There was only 3 available teams when I joined 3 weeks ago. Is this league dying?
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Are you sure there's 10 open teams? Where did you get that from?? I see only 4 on the sign-up page. I am totally against shrinking down.
Brutalkid

Post by Brutalkid »

A couple years ago I took this league from 18 openings or so down to about 4 and in the process there where owners that wanted to "downsize". But the reason I took on this particular league was the fact that it was a 32 team league, and in that respect very similar to the NFL. Over time the vacancies out numbered the new owners and 6 months ago we where back up to 17 vacancies. Over the last 6 months or so we have filled a few spots and are now back down to 12 open spots. I do have the ability to log in to any of the vacant teams. Every season I set the draft preps for R1 for every team, make cuts and roster changes for every team, and recently have been making trades between the vacant teams to create balance and to give better youth to the listed teams as this helps make them more appealing and sell faster. I never list more than 5 teams at one time and usually keep it at 4. With all that in mind downsizing is a no. Hopefully we can continue to get more new owners in. We might be ready to do a another realignment soon.
ShowTime

Post by ShowTime »

Well i do understand i dont really want to downsize but i thought there where only 3 teams when i bought back my old one that had no owners. I just hate not being able to trade with half the league cause no one owns them. is there a way too get players from another league that are way short to move to this one. I didnt even realize it till i had trades with 3 teams and not one response or decline for days then it hit me i checked info on last login and they where all unowned. :lol:
montywop

Post by montywop »

It sucks having a lot of un owned teams but i am only interested in playing in 32 team leagues. I say no to downsizing.
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
tigershm1977

Post by tigershm1977 »

montywop wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:20 pm It sucks having a lot of un owned teams but i am only interested in playing in 32 team leagues. I say no to downsizing.
i agree, if we downsize ill probably leave this league, i dont like the idea of a smaller league, i know the sire has them but its not interesting to me, well get back full i have faith
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
and a partridge in a pear tree
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I agree with showtime. Is there a way to get a small league with 8 to 12 owners to move over here? Talk to admin maybe?

I say yes to realignment, lol.

Return to “Marcus Allen Football League”