Merge/Migrate Information

Discussions for the Reggie Smith League.

Moderator: mrile0

What are your opinions on this merge?

Let's migrate ASAP, I don't care which set of rules, I just want a full league
33%
Numbers display is very important to me
33%
An 8-15 draft population is very important to me
22%
Injury System 4 is very important to me
No votes
Minors system 3 is very important to me
No votes
Variable Development is very important to me
No votes
I'd prefer to do the traditional merge, starting in a new league back to 1970
No votes
I am not interested in participating in a merge
11%

Total votes: 9

Admin
Site Admin

Merge/Migrate Information

Post by Admin »

Games are currently paused.

My plan is to merge this league with the Dale Murphy League. However, there are some rule differences.

Both leagues are 3 games per day, and the same monthly cost.

The RSL uses numbers display, has a populate date of 8/15, is using injury system 2 and minors system 5.
The DML is letter grades, 9/1 draft populate, injury system 4, minors system 3, and variable development.

A poll is attached to this message to figure out the rules to go forward with; comments on this thread are welcome too.

Procedure

The new system is a migration, as opposed to a merge, and can be completed in minutes rather than hours. One league is the host league (I originally figured this would be the host league but technically the DML is a better host as it hasn't run games yet), and the active teams from this league are copied to the host league. When looking at a player card, it will show stats for both leagues for batting, pitching and improvements (but not splits), and have a link to the original player card. Both leagues Hall of Fame will be visible.

The plus sides of the new method are:
- Much faster to implement
- More seamless for both leagues
- A complete new league starting from scratch doesn't need to be created

The minus side:
- In the old system I had more control over which cites a team ends up in. THe new system will preserve your city if it can and pick a random city if it can't
- The waiver wire is not migrated

Existing Games
The few games that have been played in this league will disappear and any injuries will be reset. Improvements earned in the few games this season will be kept but they will not show up in the improvement report.

Please take a moment to vote in the poll, and/or comment here. Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Metsamess

Re: Merge/Migrate Information

Post by Metsamess »

I have tagged that the number system is important to me.

I do like it a lot more than the letters system because it’s much more accurate in assessing actual skill and improvements but it’s not a dealbreaker if we go back to letters. Just don’t understand why anyone would prefer to.
kaliayev

Post by kaliayev »

This really seems like a discussion that should have began weeks ago, not after a draft and start to a new season. Personally I set my draft expecting this season at the very least to be played. We have also not discussed CP trades which is one of the reasons we went subscription. Are we going to 24 teams as was earlier mentioned? Until all the details can be hammered out I cannot get behind a merger that is being pushed.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The drafted players will go with you, so the draft is valid. But I understand.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Metsamess

Post by Metsamess »

I will also say I’d prefer to keep minor league system 5, although I think it has been incorrectly labeled here as 3, which may be what the other league uses.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Metsamess wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 pm I will also say I’d prefer to keep minor league system 5, although I think it has been incorrectly labeled here as 3, which may be what the other league uses.
Yes. The DML uses minor league system 3. I was in that league for several seasons. They also use the absurd injury system 4. That's what I'd like to see eliminated. But, in any case, I'd really like to get back to playing.
Metsamess

Post by Metsamess »

historymann49 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm
Metsamess wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 pm I will also say I’d prefer to keep minor league system 5, although I think it has been incorrectly labeled here as 3, which may be what the other league uses.
Yes. The DML uses minor league system 3. I was in that league for several seasons. They also use the absurd injury system 4. That's what I'd like to see eliminated. But, in any case, I'd really like to get back to playing.

I agree. I’m willing to try new formats but it’s like our league has shut down due to Coronavirus or something. Let’s get our computer bytes back on the field!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I didn't add selections for the default rules; probably a mistake, because of situations like this.

I think we've gotten responses from most everyone in both leagues so tomorrow (well, today at this point) I'm going to get the actual migration done.

Chris

Return to “Reggie Smith League”