Wheel Draft League - Expansion Draft

21 inning game? 400 yards passing? Unusual system generated name? Share those wild games or interesting players here!
WillyD

Wheel Draft League - Expansion Draft

Post by WillyD »

The Frank Robinson League is nearing the end of the current term. We'll be having an expansion draft at the end of next season consisting of probably 2-4 teams. I do have a short waiting list, but I'm looking for a few more good owners to sign up in case we have 3 or 4 openings. Please post here or send me a PM if interested.

The FRL is one of 3 leagues to use a wheel draft, where all teams picks #1 thru #16 over a 16 season period. Each team is guaranteed to have a top 4 pick every 4 seasons. This eliminates all incentive to tank. We're looking for competitive, active, veteran owners who are able to compete with some of the best owners on the SimD site. If you can draft, develop, and trade for talent well, you could be in contention for a playoff spot pretty much every season.

FRL highlights/rules:
16 team league
Wheel Draft
9 GPD
System 5 minors
standard development/injuries
Numbers League
WillyD

Re: Wheel Draft League - Expansion Draft

Post by WillyD »

We have 3 openings, and there could be one more. If anyone wants to try out a Wheel Draft League, sign up here!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Brooklyn has been purchased, and another owner has agreed to join. That leaves one more team in the AL left. There's still the possibility of 1 or 2 more undecided teams in the NL being added to the expansion draft.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Both undecideds renewed, leaving just the one opening in the FRL. The Washington franchise is available. We'll be having a 3 team expansion draft later this month!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

All the expansions team are purchased. If anyone wants to get on the waiting list for next term (6 months from now) let me know in this thread or by PM.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I would love to in on an expansion draft!!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

We'll have at least 2 teams leaving the FRL, so there will be an expansion draft in about 5-6 weeks. Experienced and active owners will be needed.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

2 owners needed for the next expansion draft. Both teams leaving have a number of very good players. In terms of picks in the upcoming seasons they will pick as follows:

Arizona = 6, 11, 1, 16, 8, 9, 4, 13

Cincinnati = 8, 9, 4, 13, 5, 12, 2, 15

Return to “Check This Out!”